SFO San Franciso --> SJC San Jose Compact Alamo

ameryki
By ameryki,
in

Hello,

I currently have a confirmed compact size car rental pick up at SFO and drop off at SJC. Due to some last min change in plans I need the car on Aug 20th around 11:30pm instead of the next morning. I called priceline and alamo but no one helped considering this is prepaid reservations etc etc. Any recommendations on how I could go about taking care of this situation? I would have rented a car for 1 night and then back the next morning to go through this reservation however I will be in San Jose and would hate to drive back to SFO just to drop off 1 night rental and pick up the price line booked car. Any suggestions?

ameryki,

Please share the details of your win with the board (as you can see there are other users who can benefit from the information) in a reply to this thread... we'll then edit the topic title accordingly and respond to your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If neither Alamo or PRICELINE will budge on this one i don't think there is a lot that you can do, but this is how i would play it...

Show up at the rental counter the day before (11:30pm) and tell them that you were able to get on an earlier flight standby so would like to pickup the rental car now. If they state that the rental isn't until tomorrow i would offer that "as it's 12 hours <i'm guessing> before your designated rental time you will return the car 12 hours (or however many hours it is) before the designated drop-off time). If they still say "no", i'd then offer to wait until 12:01am since it will technically be the 'next day' and might be easier for them to 'push thru' the system without much of an issue. If you're able to secure the vehicle early this way you'll need to return the car by the designated time (the correct number of hours before your reservations drop-off) OR pay the additional daily rate (or hourly charge)... but i wouldn't start asking questions about this aspect until they've already agreed to let you have the car early.

In addition to the above, i'd make a cancelable reservation with any rental company as a back-up, for pick-up at your arrival time and drop-off the following day... as if the above fails you won't have much of a choice other than to take a car under a different reservation for one day and return the following day to pick up the current reservation.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Let us know how you ultimately make out.

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]