Sorry

dawnvacation
By dawnvacation,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The message above means that your bids were not accepted.

How much of a discount would you need on this flight (per ticket) to make an 'opaque ticket' (where you dont' know the depature or arrival times nor the city or length of layover) worhtwhile?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oh, I sort of figured that that was what the message meant. But I thought they might be a little bit clearer and say something like "your bid wasn't accepted."

$750 is the max I'd be comfortable with for opaque bidding. Should I start bidding above $700 up to that level or wait a day and go back to starting at $600 and use the free-bid strategy?

Thanks for your help.

When bidding on airfare you have an almost unlimited number of re-bids (if you need the link with instructions let me know and i'll search for it) so i'd suggest starting lower and bidding up to your maximum... odds don't favor you'll be successful at levels you have already bid, but you want to re-try the lower bids again in case any inventory at your previously rejected bid amounts has been added to the system.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links on the board for your bidding.

Good luck keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]