Priceline Hotel: Help id 3.5* in Vancouver-Downtown west

AustenNut
By AustenNut,
in

Found a 3.5* star hotel on Hotwire for $104/night from 7/19-7/23 in the Vancouver Downtown West area.

It's amenities include:

Smoke free rooms

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Tennis nearby

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I've tried 3.5 & 4* at $85 for a couple of months. Today I only tried 4*, and tried at $90, 95, 100, 105, and 110. All of them failed.

Our backup hotel is the 3* Century Plaza Hotel & Spa for $129/room (including taxes & fees) which equates to the $110 Priceline bids.

Found a 3.5* star hotel on Hotwire for $104/night from 7/19-7/23 in the Downtown West area.

It's amenities include:

Smoke free rooms

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Tennis nearby

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi looking at what's previously been reported here. This looks like the "Coast Plaza Hotel and Suites". It used to be 3.5* but the most recent win had it as a 3*. My guess is, it's back to it's 3.5* level. This is based on all the amenities. BTW the same property shows up for $1 less if you add 2 children.

Sorry to hear that your bids have not yet been accepted. HOTWIRE has a couple of 4*'s in the downtown areas for $125-135 and a 3.5* for $99 in Downtown West, as well as 3*'s in the $70's.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks. I started a thread in the Hotwire forum to see if anyone knew which hotel the 3.5* one is. Any ideas?

Sorry for the confusion. I thought that since one was for Hotwire and the other was for Priceline that each should be in its respective forum. Yesterday I only bid on the downtown zone, though in the past I've tried Granville & Downtown. But HOTWIRE no longer has the Downtown West hotel available, at least not at that price. There is a $79 3.5* hotel in the Granville Entertainment District, which I think is the Executive Hotel Vintage Park. But I'd rather have a more centrally located hotel, if that is indeed the HOTWIRE hotel.

I'll try the Vancouver hotels on PRICELINE again shortly and let you know how it goes. (And yes, I'm using the links.)

How about the HOTWIRE 4* Entertainment District hotel for $129/nite with:

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet

This appears to be the Golden Tulip Georgian Court and that would be my best guess for this one (NOTE that this hotel has never been reported to the board via PRICELINE)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the recommendation, but it'll end costing us about $200 more to stay there than at our backup, which is a more centrally located 3* hotel than the Georgian. For Vancouver I'm really only wanting a 4* (or higher) hotel at a lesser price, or else I'm not changing.

Well, we're getting 2 rooms, so it's $160 more. Our backup is Century Plaza Hotel & Suites, which we have at $129 including taxes. We don't really want to spend more than this as I think we'll be happy with the room, location, and quality. It's just that we'd be thrilled with better quality and location, but don't want to pay additional for it. So if we can get a 4* for the same price in a good location, then we'd go for it, but we're not willing to spend extra.

If $110 is your limit then not much else you can do other then continue to bid up to your limit up until your back-up reservation is still able to be cancelled without penalty.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated and let us know if you're ultimately successful (or not) OR if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]