Priceline Hotel: Denver, 4* downtown, 7/28-30.Did not accept $110 bid

swedishmia
By swedishmia,
in

I tried to bid $110 for a *4 hotel in Denver downtown on July 28 and 29th. The bid was rejected without a counter offer. I was surprised because the bid was a lot higher than I ever started out before. I just figured that any 4 star hotel would be fine and I saw that people had got the Hyatt convention center at that price previously. I also saw that people had won the Sheraton and Warwich for as low as $70 - $75 but was not offered either one of them either. Did I bid too high to get them?

Strange? Does anyone know if that is a busy week for Denver or if something is going on?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

You have not bid too high to get accepted; my guess would be that something is going on during these dates that is driving up prices. Hotwire rates for a 4/4.5* in the downtown area are $150-175 and rates in the area in general appear higher than normal. Please provide your desired max budget per night and we would be happy to offer suggestions.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank You. I booked the Hyatt Convention center directly for those two nights instead. At that high of a price I decided to just go with my #1 choice. However, for Tuesday 27/7, I will arrive late so I don't really care where I would stay. So I tried 3.5* for downtown with a bid of $60 and got the message to increase my bid to $70 and they would let me try one more time. I did and still I got nothing. So, I added the Stapleton area and lowered my bid to $50. I did not expect much but got the Renaissance Denver on my winning priceline bid. Looks nice and they have a complimentary shuttle from the airport so that will work out perfect for me! I am very happy!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]