Hotwire Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) W Seattle

alintz
By alintz,
in

I want a very good 4* for 4 nights in downtown Seattle 9/14-9/18. PRICELINE currently lists 9 hotels at 4*. And because there are lots of other areas without 4*, there are lots of opportunities to re-bid.

Recent posts to this board suggest that Renaissance is a likely win at around $70. My problem is that the reviews and descriptions of Renaissance do not seem to be on par with the other 4* hotels like Monaco, Alexis, W, Hyatt at Olive 8, etc in this area. So, I do not want to bid on PRICELINE. I would happily pay $100-150 for one of those top hotels.

But I can't seem to find a good deal on any of the traditional travel sites - seems like $200-250 is the going rate. Is there any other options to get something better than the Renaissance since I am willing to pay up to a $150 or so rate? Or am I being to picky?

thanks,

Andy

I would sign up for Kimpton's InTouch program so you can receive alerts on their sales. There are 3 Kimpton hotels Seattle - in addition to the Monaco and Alexis there is also the Vintage Park.

Also, check Hotwire - you can usually make an educated guess as to what the hotel is before you book.

alintz

Have you looked at HOTWIRE?

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

I ended up on HOTWIRE. 4* in Downtown Seattle at $115 with amenities that matched either Hotel W or Hotel Monaco. I booked it and it was W. Just what I hoped for. Thanks for the advice.

Amenities listed: Boutique, Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet. So, Betterbidding hotel list was accurate.

Thanks,

Andy

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]