After bidding instructions

pastrami
By pastrami,
in

I just got a bid for NYC Hilton Towers for $93 but fter reading some shaky reviews I was wondering if you can give some suggestions on what to do to ensure we don't get one fo those dinky "priceline rooms".

Someone mentioned to called a 800#, and ask to reserve a room before actually showing up in the front desk. Is there anythign else we can do to avoid one of those "bad" rooms and also what is the 800# to call? TIA!

It would be appreciated if you could post your winning bid in the NY section, as contributing your information would be appreciated by future users, just as i'm sure you have beneifted from the information posted by prior users.

The board can only do well if we all give as well as take.

In regards to your question:

-call the hotel and put in a bed request (especially if you know the 'priceline rooms' are only of a certain bed type)

-check-in early in the day (but after offical check-out time) when there are the most number of rooms unassigned

-join the hotels affinity program and have the number entered on your reservation. If the clerk tells you you're not eligible to get points on your reservation, tell them "i know, but i'd like it recorded in the system for any incidentals i charge to my room during my stay"

-hand them their affinity card along with your credit card when you check in

-smile and be friendly at check-in

-mention you're there for a special occaision (birthday, anniversary, etc)

If you're not happy with the first room given, be willing to ask for another one and talk to a manager if neccessary. If your still not happy, ask for names of management that you speak with as well as ask them (the manager) for the phone number to call at corporate HQs if you want to complain. Sometimes knowing that you intend on complaining is enough to get what you want, as the manager doesn't want to deal with a complaint filed with the corporate office regarding themselves or their hotel. NO MATTER WHAT, always be polite with the hotel staff, including management.

I will add, my cousin just stayed at the NYC Hilton Towers (and she 'cares' where she sleeps) and she said she had a great stay and that she'd be happy to stay there again.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]