Hotwire Hotel: 4* Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Sheraton Waikiki Hotel

stevee
By stevee,
in

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering and then click the "See all " link on top of the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above?

PS- please also follow-up your previous Hotwire Athens thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I believe this is a different offering than the property in your original thread (besides the Resort icon misssing, so is the Smoke Free icon)... and unfortunately this one has not yet been identified. However, note the rather low 'Recommended by 65% of customer reviews'.

However, if you change your search to 2adults/2children yet another 4* hotel appears in this zone with:

Beachfront, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Laundry, Internet

While this one is just a few dollars more at $136/nite, it also shows a 4.5.5.0 Tripadvisor rating (very good) and the amenities match previous reports for the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach so that would be my best guess for this one.

Would this work for your plans?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Listing changed to:

$123.00/night

Amenities

Resort Beachfront Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center Pool(s) Restaurant(s)

Business Center Laundry Facilities High-speed Internet Access

Children's Activity Program

I was guessing it was the Sheraton Waikiki and it was-----$123/night. The best AAA rate was $202.50

I decided to book only 2 nights (12/3 - 12/5).

Then I booked HHV for 7 nights (includes 1 night free and luau).

By the way I booked using your HOTWIRE link.

• 4 months later...

Trip Report

Just got back from my stay at the Sheraton Waikiki. Surprisingly to me, the hotel was fully booked or nearly fully booked for my entire stay. Under these circumstances Priceline and Hotwire customers need to be prepared to be stuck in undesirable accommodations.

I checked in late at night and was assigned to the 5th floor (Rm 511). Sounds harmless but it was like being in a dungeon since this is the lowest level for "city view" rooms and there were architectural obstructions. By this I mean there was no balcony and the outside wall was solid with windows only on the upper half of the wall. Obviously I wasn't expecting an ocean front view but the dungeon was a bit much. The other puzzling thing considering all of the positive reviews for this hotel is when I got to the room it struck me as rather large until it dawned on me (duh) there was NO furniture in the room except for a built in desk that served as a night stand and 2 standard beds--doubles, NOT Queens. So I called the front desk and asked "Where Is My Chair"??? I was told "This is our new design and it is a Japanese, Minimalist design". " Minimalist"I said....you've got to be kidding me! I should say in all fairness that there were shelves in the closet.

By this time it was after midnight so I waited until the next day to approach the front desk and "request" another room. The desk clerk all but acknowledged those 5th floor rooms are CRAP but she had great difficulty finding me a different room until I insisted and then mid-afternoon they miraculously found a room and transferred me to the 8th floor (Rm 811). I continued to complain, asking for a room with a king bed and was finally accommodated on the 7th night of our 9 night stay. I'm sure they were glad to see me leave!

The GOOD part....The hotel swimming pools were very nice and the "adults only" infinity pool allowed you to sit or float around while looking over the ocean. Very Nice

CONCLUSION: I you end up with this hotel on Hotwire or Priceline, call the hotel right away and request the type of bed you want and INSIST that they NOT put you in the Dungeon on the DREADED 5th floor under any circumstances.

IMHO

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]