Priceline Hotel: Hilton Head Island - Declined - Any Suggestions?

NicoDreamingTree
By NicoDreamingTree,
in

Hello!

I am planning a last minute trip to Hilton Head Island, SC for July 8 thru July 11. I am on a budget & haven't had a vacation in almost 2 years. I have a few days and MUST get away and obviously want to make the most of my time and get the best value for my hard earned dollar! I have bid the following on Priceline so far and was declined each time:

July 8-11: Resorts $85/Night (HHI)

July 8-9: Resorts $75/Night (HHI)

July 8-11: Resorts $95/Night (HHI & Bluffton)

July 8-10: Resorts $105/Night (HHI & Bluffton)

Any suggestions on how to get a resort for a decent price? Any tricks? Is it possible that I can try again tomorrow & have better results than today? Or am I wasting my time to try the same numbers?

Also, I tried it for one night to see if i'd get anything... I am under the impression that I can "extend stay" once I am awarded. Is that true?

Any help is appreciated. THANK YOU!

Ashley

What is your maximum bid for this stay? Also, what are the conventional rates for your dates of travel? Extending your stay is possible, but not always guaranteed, and not always at the same winning bid.

I am going to be on HHI from the 8th thru the 11th. I really cannot afford more than $120/$125 per night. I am willing to stay at a cheaper place on the 8th since we will be getting there around 5 or 6. So, as long as I can have a decent place (resort with lots to do, etc) for the night of the 9th & 10th, I will be happy. I am actually going to try one more time using the 9th & 10th since I haven't used these dates yet. Is that smart? Is it 24 hours from last bid or 24 hours from first bid, or does it reset at midnight?

Thank you so much for your reply! I haven't had a vacation in forever and am desperate for some relaxation!!!

Ashley

Thank you so much for your reply! I haven't had a vacation in forever and am desperate for some relaxation!!!

I with you :)

the clock resets 24 hours from your last bid. You may want to check HOTWIRE as well and see if there is anything that might work for you.

Being a summer weekend, and peak season, i'm guessing that $100 will not likley be enough for these dates... did you check hotel direct rates as mentioned above? What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel booked thru conventional booking channels? What hotel is is that you are considering purchase on HOTWIRE? (as i'm assuming you're not seeing a 4*/Resort class property for $125 or under thru that service either)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Being a summer weekend, and peak season, i'm guessing that $100 will not likley be enough for these dates... did you check hotel direct rates as mentioned above? What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel booked thru conventional booking channels? What hotel is is that you are considering purchase on HOTWIRE? (as i'm assuming you're not seeing a 4*/Resort class property for $125 or under thru that service either)

I just tried:

$115 for 7/9 thru 7/12: Declined

$125 for 7/9 thru 7/12: Declined

What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel booked thru conventional booking channels? What hotel is is that you are considering purchase on HOTWIRE? (as i'm assuming you're not seeing a 4*/Resort class property for $125 or under thru that service either)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

:)

If you let us know the above info we would be in a better position to help :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've tried all the way up to $150 & it's still declining me. I think I'll be staying in a roach infested cheapy place :)

then bring a can of Raid :) or check out HOTWIRE. There is a 3* with the following amenities: Near Beach, Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Hi-Speed Internet, Golf, Tennis, Laundry; the rate was $142. This was previously reported to be the Beachwalk Hotel and Condos. Or, there is a 2* for $79 that has not been identified. Here are the amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access, Golf. This has been recommended by 80% of HOTWIRE guests. Maybe you could see if its available for just the first night of your trip as well as for the following two days, then "buy" the first night to see if its still available so as to identify the property. If it works for you, then buy the next two nights.

Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]