Priceline Hotel: 5* South Strip Question

DEB0
By DEB0,
in

I know no one on here can guarantee me anything, but is it highly probable that the only 5* I will win while bidding in the strip south zone is TheHotel at Mandalay? Have there been any recent reports of any other 5* hotels being won in the strip south zone besides TheHotel? I have not been able to find any. Why do most users bid in the north zones? Is there a reason I should be weary of the 5* in the south zone? Thanks in advance for any help.

I think the recently opened Aria and Vdara will be possibilities in this zone too... while not yet reported to the board, i would think that they're at least possible.

THEhotel isn't won too often and in the past many users would bid both North and South Strip, but given the greater number of 5* hotels in the North zone vs. the South zone, there is more competition and prices in the North are usually cheaper, and that may be why you see many more results in the North Zone.

While some prefer the South Strip, i personally enjoy the North Strip area better... but for the right price would have no problem staying in the South Strip (and have), even though THEhotel is pretty far south.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and please read your messages)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Can't beat the rooms at THEhotel though! I'd be perfectly happy with any of the 5 star properties in Las Vegas to be honest. All fantastic properties. I'd actually be excited to win Aria, I'd love to check it out because it's the new guy in town. There are more hotels, and far far far more rooms in North strip so you are more likely to get a deal.

Everytime I've stayed at THEhotel I actually bought it through them, they run some pretty good deals. Sign up for their e-mails.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please do not start a new thread for this stay. Thanks. :)

As noted above, the hotels that have been reported are noted in the Betterbidding Nevada PRICELINE list. The Aria and Vdara have not yet been reported, but are possibilities.

TheHotel does not show up as a win that often, and may not have PRICELINE inventory for your dates.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]