Hotwire Hotel: help needed new york 29-31/3

micheles
By micheles,
in

hello

i need a hotel for two nights 29th march to 31st and would prefer something central - so that my son doesn't get too fed up with the walking

i have found best value on hotwire for $185 (only when my son is not declared on the booking!) - when he is everything rockets up in price - anyway the amenities are:- restaurant, gym, business centre, tennis and swimming

i have a standby hotel the helmsley at central park - $231 + taxes etc per night - but if i can get something cheaper so much the better - i have been quoted the grand hyatt at $285 (including taxes for all three of us) a night

we don't mind times square , mte or mtw really - we only want to do empire state building, toysrus and statue of liberty (maybe macy's and bloomingdales too)

we would prefer 4* and originally fancied crowne plaza at times square but it has gone too high on it's site

sorry - we are two adults and an eleven year old (we don't mind one bed but would prefer two)

hello again

found somewhere on this fantastic site reference to holidayclub.com

and using them found some good deals - am waiting to hear about le parker meridien for $174 + tax and fees - best rate on their website was $325 - it looks ideal - so fingers crossed (and i can still cancel until 24th march so some flexibility - minimal fee)

thanks for your help

:) took your advice and tried for the fitzpatrick with easyclick - but not available

will investigate their site more fully

thanks

ps - is there often a problem with 'on request' hotels? is it worth considering them? the 'off the record' hotels do offer good prices (if you can get them)

watch this space! :)

:) hello

thanks for the tip

tried the link provided and it comes up as 'no info. available on this hotel' when i add in my 11 year old son

but when i take him out of the equation - availability! why does one small child cause so much trouble when booking hotels?

... because NYC is an expensive hotel cith which has notoriously small rooms.

If you like that property i would book it, then call the hotel and see if they'll accept your request for 2 beds in the room (and/or if they could put a roll-a-way bed in the room). If not then cancel the reservation.

You don't like the Beekman Tower? Plenty of space and a pull out sofa for your son, and the reviews are fantastic.(but here you'll have to search for only 2 people as well)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks again for your help

taking the opportunity to investigate the EasyClickTravel site - checking out the 'off the records' that have availability - need to research the marriott marquis - it looks like a very good price at $239

although still awaiting confirmation on a 'by request' - as you can see i am not hopeful of finding anything 'on request' - belatedly saw an earlier comment about the unlikelihood of le parker meridien being available on request

had an exhausting time on priceline tonight

started with MTW at $140

added free bids (x2) and went up to $150 - no good

started again with MTE and this time went up to $152 (including free bids) still no good

tried UMT but started at $150 added two free zones and MTE and MTW and increased bid to $168 - still no good

i even placed a bid on MTS for $145 - no good

i will wait a couple of days and try again

i noticed that people are getting the Hilton for around $120 - but maybe not my exact dates

thereuare - how high do you think i might need to go on priceline? there is a 4* on hotwire for $195 - so should i bid up to this or do you think even higher?

we don't really mind where we are so long as it is in reasonable walking distance of times square (toysrus) and the empire state building

we have stayed at the Millenium UN, Sofitel, Rhiga Royal and Park Central in previous years - the Sofitel and Park Central having the best locations for us (unfortunately the Sofitel only sleeps 2 or you need a suite and we are two adults and an eleven year old)

hope you can help

had an exhausting time on priceline tonight

started with MTW at $140

added free bids (x2) and went up to $150 - no good

started again with MTE and this time went up to $152 (including free bids) still no good

tried UMT but started at $150 added two free zones and MTE and MTW and increased bid to $168 - still no good

i even placed a bid on MTS for $145 - no good

i will wait a couple of days and try again

i noticed that people are getting the Hilton for around $120 - but maybe not my exact dates

thereuare - how high do you think i might need to go on priceline? there is a 4* on hotwire for $195 - so should i bid up to this or do you think even higher?

we don't really mind where we are so long as it is in reasonable walking distance of times square (toysrus) and the empire state building

we have stayed at the Millenium UN, Sofitel, Rhiga Royal and Park Central in previous years - the Sofitel and Park Central having the best locations for us (unfortunately the Sofitel only sleeps 2 or you need a suite as we are two adults and an eleven year old)

hope you can help

:) thanks thereuare for your help and advice - i very nearly went with the park centralbut

after much time and effort (research some might say) - have settled on the crowne plaza in times square at a cost of $229 inclusive of tax and breakfasts - we were also offered the Barclay at $242 including tax

all things considered these prices were the best that i could find - site used was hotelamerica and they are holding the room until 6.00pm tomorrow - while i decide whether to do two or three nights in new york

by the way - the price advertised on the site was $242 (inclusive) but they made a reduction over the telephone of $13 (without me asking)

so once again thank you - i hope i have now put this booking to bed

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]