Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark-Meadowlands (Secaucus-North Bergen) Hyatt Place

purplelotus
By purplelotus,
in

This is first time I have posted, but have used site many, many times. I do use the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links. Region is Newark, NJ-Meadowlands, Secaucus-North Bergen subregion.

Bid History: 6/27, $52

6/28, $55

6/29 $60

6/30 $64 (Priceline countered with $79)

7/1 $68 (Priceline countered with $83)

7/2 $70 (Priceline countered with $85)

7/3 $72 (WON!!!)

Have stayed at this hotel 2 years ago. Got it on HOTWIRE then. It's very nice and much better than the 3* Holiday Inn I got on PRICELINE earlier this year which is just across the street.

Congratulations on your success and Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Outstanding deal for this Hyatt Place property, especially for a longer stay. Free breakfast is a nice bonus, too.

Additionally, if you have any other prior wins you could share, it would be greatly appreciated, as the information (even if for past wins) can help others.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board and for using the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...

kjp11,

Thanks for the post... can you please share the details of your purchase with the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Just finished our stay here. I highly recommend this hotel. Rooms are huge -- separate area with couch, desk and wet bar. Also have refrigerator. Breakfast is excellent -- healthy options. Lots of fresh fruit and freshly baked bagels from a nearby bagel shop. Similar to other Hyatt Places we have stayed at.

Bus to New York City (Port Authority) right outside hotel for $3.95 each way. Only takes 15 minutes in non-rush hour. Runs frequently. Also runs very late and very early.

My only criticism is hotel management. Hotel could be better run. Tables are seldom cleaned at breakfast, and room had a couple of minor maintenance problems. Housekeeping could improve too. Talked to manager but not sure how much will happen. Nevertheless, for what I paid, this was a fabulous deal. An equivalent hotel in Manhattan would cost twice the price on Priceline, and I'd get a smaller room. I'd much rather stay here and commute and save a big chunk of change.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]