Priceline Hotel: 4* NMA/Loop/RNA 5/1-5/3

sbrian123
By sbrian123,
in

Am looking to use priceline for the above dates and areas. I think I've got the free rebids down. My question is about technique. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to including all three areas in my first bid? (Which I think would give me 4 bids total). Or should, I weight the three areas by preference, and then add each subsequently preferable area for additional rebids.

Did this question make sense?

That's why I asked the question about technique. The only acceptable zones are the ones I listed, but there is slight variance in preferance between the three zones...just not a lot. Price is more important than location within these three zones. The way I see it, if I bid each of those three zones separately, I run the risk of overbidding.

Right now I'm hoping to get the rooms for $100.00 or less per night.

Not sure if you'll have success under your bidding limit, but this is how i would bid...

You have 3 re-bid zones when bidding the 4* level... if you're not sure of your re-bid zones post back.

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $60, if rejected close browswer and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* River North...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $60, if rejected close browswer and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Loop...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Select 4* River North and NMA....

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $80, if rejected close browswer and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* River North and Loop....

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $80, if rejected close browswer and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* River North and NMA and Loop...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $100.

Not sure if you'll have success at $100 or below, but the above covers all of your bases, and if followed exactly, will not result in any duplicate bids :)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 weeks later...

Followed thereuare's bidding strategy outlined above every 3-4 days increasing the bid amounts by 5 dollars each cycle through. Stopped bidding at maximum $120.00 when Tavelzoo posted a special at the Whitehall for $109.00 per night.

In other words, I chickened out. :)

For those of you who are braver than I am, this appears to be a cancellable rate directly with the hotel. I thought about holding out for my original goal...but just couldn't force myself to push my luck. :)

The link to the T-Z promotion is

http://dir.travelzoo.com/Lodging.asp?intCa...ry=21&id=184890

Also, for what it's worth, I faithfully went through savingsbarn.com to make my bids at Price Line, and will continue to do so in the future.

Thanks for the great site.

Brian

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]