Bidding Tips

StarTrip
By StarTrip,
in

So I am planning on making a bid through PRICELINE on airfare, and am pretty flexible with my travel time, but am still trying to deduce which flights I might get. My thinking is that the cheaper flights with the most available seats will be booked first - does anyone have experience bidding on flights and know if this might be true?

THX

Star

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Your logic is sensible, but airline pricing is a 'black box' and unless there are only a handful of flights on your travel dates, i think you're going to have a tough time picking the flight times you will receive. For instance, a given flight might have many seats available at the moment, but that same flight may historically have a very high number of walk-up customers, whereas another flight that day has fewer seats available at the moment but has a history of very few walk-up customers... the airline could very easily accept a bid on the flight with fewer seats currently available, which would contrary to your hypothesis.

Bottomline: You should be prepared for any flight within the travel times/terms of your bid.

If you need help with a bidding strategy feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]