Hotwire Hotel: 3* Denver (Westminister) Doubletree Denver North

thesqueegeekid
By thesqueegeekid,
in

This was my first time actually purchasing on hotwire ... I am amazed that PL stumped me bidding for this. BUT Expedia and other sites showed that Monday was not available at this hotel so I am at least appreciative for Hotwire...

Total was $129.95 which inlcuded $21.95 of taxes and fees.

I bid PL up to $40 3* and up to $85 4* and got rejected!!! PL has been acting really funny the last couple of days .... it takes up to 20 minutes to get a response.

Also, my friend needed air for this trip and I bid pretty high using savings barn (link is no linger available here at BB??) to get the $10 bonus ... I even bid the same as the fare offered by lowestfare.com (PL's other site) because she was totally flexible and was still rejected. I ended up booking directly on ATA.com.

Squeegie? Hotwire? No, really?... Squeegie? I don't believe it!

Is this zone (Westminster - Broomfield) or (Denver North - Thornton)?

It seem to me that the correct zone is Westminster - Broomfield and the confusion is that the hotel name is "DoubleTree Denver North". Did i figure it out correct?

Also, can you confirm this is a Customer Favorite and the amenities are: Restaurant, Pool, Business Center, Golf, Tennis

(you can see the amenities if you can use the "my account" at Hotwire)

And yes, we can no longer link directly to SavingsBarn.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare .... tell me about it, but I have to admit, using Hotwire is as exciting as PL in terms of waiting to find out which hotel you get. I could have separated the bid dates and gone for the Omni or Westin 4*'s but the person I was bidding for wanted to stay at one place.

From the email confirmation....

City Area: Westminster - Broomfield

Hotel Quality: 3-star Midscale

Doubletree Hotel Denver North

8773 Yates Drive

Westminster, CO 80030

(303) 427-4000

Check-in Date: Mon, Jun 9, 2003

Check-out Date: Thu, Jun 12, 2003

Number Of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Price per night: $36.00

Subtotal: $108.00

Total Taxes and Booking Fees: $21.95

Total: $129.95

I am in the Hotwire "my account" section and it does show the ammenities you mentioned BUT it does not mention here that it is the customer favorite. However, it was the "customer favorite" when I placed the search.

The hotel's website also refers to this hotel as the "Doubletree Denver-Boulder" in the write up. That was perfect as my friend needs to be in Boulder.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]