Priceline Hotel: 5* Singapore (Orchard Road) Hilton

crazymonkey
By crazymonkey,
in

Bidding for 5-star hotels in Orchard Road and City Hall zones. Started at $70 for 8/14/10-8/17/10. Used re-bid zones East coast, financial district, and Riverside in various combinations with the two target zones to increase offer at increments of $5. After increasing to $90, still no luck. Figured that few people ever won three night stays in Singapore and another poster claimed it was easier to win stays on weekends, rather than weekdays. Changed the dates to 8/14/10-8/16/10 and re-started bidding at $70, following the same strategy as above. Got the Hilton for $80, exact same rate that I got it for the weekend before this one.

Then tried bidding for 8/17/10 by itself, but no luck up to $95. I need to fly out early morning on 8/17/10, so might just book a hotel closer to the airport by traditional means. Another option would be to go for 4* hotels in PL's East coast zone (which should be closer to the airport), but looking at BB's hotel list, this forum seems to have no knowledge about what hotel might turn up there.

I used the forum's PRICELINE link to start bidding.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see your plans were flexible that you were able to successfully bid the weekend dates separately.

Another option would be to go for 4* hotels in PL's East coast zone (which should be closer to the airport)...
I would be careful with this as the East zone is not even shown on PRICELINE's map of the area, so you really don't have any idea how close/far from the airport this zone extends.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]