Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (SFO Airport-Burlingame) Hyatt

TigerKatt
By TigerKatt,
in

I'm flying into San Francisco and will only be there for one night. How do I figure out which area I want to bid in? I want soemthing close to the airport so do I bid in SFO Airport - Burlingame? Basically I'm just wondering if SFO North -San Bruno is another area close to teh airport? I want to keep the taxi ride cheap. Which area is closer? Thanks.

Actually there are THREE airport zones on Priceline---SFO-Burlingame, SFO North-San Bruno, and South SF. Any Priceline hotel you win in those three zones (other than possibly a 2*) will have a free airport shuttle. Of the three zones South SF is farthest from the airport.

What's your budget and desired quality rating? If all three zones are acceptable usually you can win a 3* in one of them for $45 or less.

Please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links for your purchases.

I'd like to get something around the $45-$60 range since it's only for a short layover...we just need a place to crash. We'll most likely visit the Fisherman's Wharf and Golden Gate Bridge..which of these areas is in the location of these touristy places? Any other recommendations?

I'm trying to understand what you're planning, TigerKatt.

Were you going to check into an airport area hotel, then go to Fisherman's Wharf and Golden Gate Bridge the same day? Or visit FW and GG the next day before your flight? What time does your plane leave? To maximize your sightseeing time it might make more sense to stay downtown for your one night.

Colfax - I arrive at 3pm on Saturday and depart at 9am on Sunday...I'd like to do Fisherman's Wharf and at elast see Alcatraz (no tour necessary) and the Golden Gate Bridge while we're there. We figure we'll check into the hotel with our luggage and will stay in a hotel near the airport then go out to sightsee from about 5pm-11:30pm...short time frame but we'd like to see as much as possible and snap a few pictures.

What date is this for, TigerKatt?

I don't think it's physically possible to visit Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz in one afternoon/evening. If your plane lands at 3pm by the time you get your luggage, shuttle to airport hotel, get settled, and take a cab downtown it could be 5:30 or 6:00 pm before you're ready to do anything---and that's if your plane arrives on time.

Taking an evening cruise would be one good way to pack a lot into a short time. Red & White's California Sunset Cruise departs Fisherman's Wharf at 7:00pm and lasts about two hours. It takes you underneath the Golden Gate and past Angel and Alcatraz Islands. You don't disembark at Alcatraz though. If you want to do walk around Alcatraz that's a different boat trip.

I still think you'd be better off spending your one night in the City, not at the Airport. It sounds like you're planning on taking a cab from your airport hotel to downtown and back, so why not just take the same cab (or a shared shuttle) to a hotel that's downtown or near Fisherman's Wharf? You'd be closer to the things you want to see. I'm not seeing any cost or convenience advantage for you in staying at the airport---unless hotel rates in Downtown/FW are very high for your date.

Taxi ride from airport-downtown= $35-$40 each way, BART (mass transit) is the way to go around $5 pp each way,once downtown get yourself a MUNI one day pass $11 pp this will allow you to jump on and off as many cable cars/ street cars and buses as you want, that way you can explore the city fairly quickly but lines for cable cars can be long at times especially at Fisherman's Wharf and Union Square but it is worth the experience. Enjoy, it's a beautiful city, the food is amazing (and that's coming from a NYer)

BART (mass transit) is the way to go around $5 pp each way, once downtown get yourself a MUNI one day pass $11 pp

xraytc,

BART and MUNI raised fares recently. BART from SFO airport to Downtown is $8.10 now, one-way. Still a good deal compared to ~$45 for a cab. A one-day MUNI pass is up to $13 now. A three-day MUNI passport is $20 $30.

TigerKatt,

I see from your other thread (can a moderator merge?) that you went for the airport hotel option and won the Hyatt. Congrats and have a good (if brief) stay in SF.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]