Priceline Hotel: 3* Maui (Kaanapali-Lahaina) Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas

kbuz
By kbuz,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

First, note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy... you'll acutually be three. There is a chance that the hotel will not be able, or willing, to accommodate your request for a room with two beds (or if there are there could be an dditional feel involved)... is this a risk you're willing to accept?

If so, i gather from your post that you're looking for a Resort class hotel and both the Wailea zone or the Kaanapali zone are acceptable? What is your maximum bid for this stay?

If you're not willing to take the one bed risk, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they will allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensures that there will be sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search.

Let us know your thoughts as to how you'd like to proceed and the info above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hmm interesting about the 3rd person deal.... I didnt think that would apply if it was only a 4 yr old but if that's a risk than i'm not sure about taking that option.... Has anyone here ever posted feedback about that happening to them in the case of a child? He could sleep in our bed so we're not needing the extra bed.

I've never used HOTWIRE either, is it still bidding and them choosing to accept or not?

Yes, ideally looking for a resort class in Wailea or Kaanapali and ideally max for the one night would be 150 give/or take a few. If this is out of range then i'd consider likely going down to the next avail class. I just saw so many postings for Wailea Marriott and thought that was an amazing deal. And looks like a great resort and super kid-friendly.

Advice welcomed!

At the Resort level you have TWO re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort Wailea...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Kaanapali...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Wailea and Kaanapali...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your choices come down to increasing your bid or lowering your star rating... are either an option?

What zone(s) were you using as your re-bid zones?

Are you able to find anything within your budget thru conventional booking channels?

I can probably do both options (raise bid and lower star rating too) - I was just hopeful for the great deal others got at the Wailea Marriott. Considering now it's 6 nights away I probably just need to book. Looks like thru conventional bookings channels i'm not coming up with much under $150 for probably 3 stars is all.

What is your goal for this stay...

Do you want to try again for a Resort at a higher bid price OR do you want to try for a 3.5* property at a lower price? What would be your maximum bid for a Resort... how about for a 3.5*?

Goal being a nice place that feels "resorty" still. Nice rooms, pools, beach that you can at least walk to/from. Again, this only for one night as we then move on to a timeshare but this was hoping to be a little bit of an upscale from the condo. Rebid tonight again up to $105 for "resort" and no win.

I'd be willing to go down to a 3.5 or 4 star but then dont know where i'd end up....Dont know if lists on here are current and only 3.5 and up show Royal Lahaina and Maui Coast which both look nice. What price would I start on those then?

The hotel lists are current based upon the last reported post to the board. See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ for more info.

I'm guessing you're looking at about $115-$135 for a Resort property... maybe $90-$110 for a 3.5* property. Which would you like to try for?

If you're going for the 3.5* level is the Kaanapali zone acceptable as well? What is your maximum bid for a 3.5* property?

kbuz

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Also thanx for reporting this new star rating to the BetterBidding Priceline Hotel List

Actually it's the Aston Kaanapali Villas (which i'm a tad bit disappointed in now....your hotel list only shows that as a 2.5 and I only bid 3 and up)
Sorry to see that you don't like the outcome. But the boards list also says "DO NOT USE THIS LIST to determine what areas to add when attempting to bid again within the 24 hour window" and "it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time."

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

Nearly all hotels are open for business during construction work, unless they doing some major things. I belive that it would be difficult for you to get out of this resarvation with claming the construction work at the hotel. You would need to stay there to have something to complain about.

The property will be completing a Lobby Enhancement Project between April 12 and

July 31, 2010. We will make every effort to minimize the impact of this project on our guests.

How do you mean that this will effect your stay?

Yellowdog.

Just thinking the noise and then due to lobby construction some of the areas are closed (not pools luckily) but gift shop, hotel market, etc are closed as I did call the hotel.

I'm obviously just going to go forward with it. Just a little bummed. Please update your hotel list if you can that it's not a 2.5 star any longer and now PRICELINE is considering it a 3star.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]