Tips for SFO car rental?

LadTravelsLots
By LadTravelsLots,
in

What car type are you bidding on? What is the best rate (both daily rate and all-in after taxes and fees) are you able to find thru conventional booking channels? (try our Car Rental Checker for assistance)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey

I'm looking for a compact. The rate I see on Hotwire ranges from $53 - $60. On the reg Priceline it can be $100/day.

I bid $35 today. I don't know what to expect. I was really hoping to get something cheaper than hotwire. This car rental thing is more frustrating than hotels!! Hotels is FUN! Cars suck... why are they sooooooo expensive?

L

There could be a conference going on, but this has the recipe for an expensive rental... it's midweek and under five days.

Generally speaking rentals are more expensive midweek vs. weekend (as there are more business travelers, who are often not price sensitive, renting cars midweek) and more expensive for short rentals (price breaks usually come on rentals of five days or more)

Add to this any special events/conferences that may be taking place during these dates and you have a 'perfect storm' for high rates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]