Priceline Hotel: 4* Santa Fe (Plaza) La Posada De Santa Fe Resort and Spa

HarperMAF
By HarperMAF,
in

For help identifying HOTWIRE hotels please include the amenities HOTWIRE associates with each property.

For this stay, what is more important to you... the lowest price or having a guess as to which hotel you may likely receive before the purchase?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If price is most important, do you even want to consider HOTWIRE (which is usually a little more expensive than PRICELINE) or just try a price.lien bidding strategy? If the latter... which zone(s) are you willing to accept, what is your minimum star rating and maximum bid... we'll then be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You don't have much time to lowball and at the 3* level there are NO re-bid zones... you have TWO re-bid zones at the 3.5* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

I would bid as follows:

Select 3* Plaza...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Plaza and re-bid zone1...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zoen2...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Change of dates to 7/11/10 for one night, 4* plaza @ 85/night. Response: Try Again Right Now

We searched hundreds of options to find your hotel room, however we can't accept your offer of $85 per room, per night. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number ***-***-***-**. If you are willing to raise your price by $15 to $100 per room, per night, you can try the same request again right now.

What do I do in this instance? I think I shouldnt take it.

Thanks!

So, didn't take it. closed brower and rebid $88 and then $91 and received: Try Again Right Now

We searched hundreds of options to find your hotel room, however we can't accept your offer of $91 per room, per night. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number ***-***-***-**. If you are willing to raise your price by $15 to $106 per room, per night, you can try the same request again right now

What do you reccomened? I have one more day to rebid...

I would try the following:

Select 3* Plaza...

Bid $96, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Plaza and re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zoen2...

Bid $106

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

You should have taken the 4* for $100, it's a really good price.

I got the same "If you are willing to raise your price offer" on a priceline bid yesterday for a different location, tried a few free rebid zones and then took the suggestion and got the room for the amount they suggested. Seems like if they make the suggestion, it means you'll get the room.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're happy with the ultimately outcome and that this property will work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

I just won La Posada (for $112/night) for later this month.

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of it when searching the topic titles on the board and the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]