Priceline Hotel: 4* Pittsburgh (Downtown) Renaissance

sticks34jack
By sticks34jack,
in

The date for the pittsburgh hotel is June 26th for 1 night. They also have a 4* customer favorite listed, which must be the Hilton Towers? (At least that is what I think the list says). No, I did not do the Columbus hotel from Hotwire since I could not figure out for sure what it was...because of certain circumstances I had to stay in a particular area and could not take a chance of the hotel being too far north/northwest in the area. I just did a "regular" reservation for the exit I wanted through a hotel website..it was only $50-something so that was fine for me. Thanks!

Please include the amenities when you ask about a hotel, without looking i would have said that the 4* is likley the Hilton, but when i did a search for other reasons i realized the amenties don't match! If we're seeing the same 4* hotel, with a pool icon... the Hilton does not have a pool.

Based upon the amenities i'm seeing for a 4* on a search (Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center) i believe this to be the Westin, while the best guess on the 3.5* is the Omni Penn. Although lower rated than the Westin, the Omni Penn gets very good REVIEWS (my in-laws stayed here on their first priceline win and have been hooked ever since!)... while those of the Westin are also good.

Let us know whatever you decide to do. If you book thru Hotwire, please use THIS LINK to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, I must have been a little confusing in my brief message to start !! Sorry. The amenities were: 3.5 star, "customer favorite", restaurant, fitness, internet, business center. When I looked at the list of hotels provided by this sight, I saw that the Hilton was listed as a 4* and "customer favorite". I missed the fact that it did not have a pool. So actually, this 3.5* "customer favorite" that I questioned earlier very well might be the Hilton? I actually want the Hilton, but the Omni Penn would be good too! Thanks for your help and I will get it through the link as soon as I get the go ahead from the rest of the gang!!

No, for clarity's sake, here is a breakdown of the three hotels we've spoken about (as we know it):

4* Hilton Pittsburgh and Towers

Customer Favorite

Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

4* Westin Convention Center

Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, HI-Speed Internet, Business

(unknown if Customer Favorite)

3.5* Omni William Penn

Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

(unknown if Customer Favorite)

Does this clear up the similarities/differences a bit?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare, I decided to gamble even a little more and do Priceline for this stay ( I figured I would get either the Westin, Omni, or even better yet, the Renaissance...and maybe even at a cheaper price) So, i just did it and got the RENAISSANCE! Awesome! I got 3 rooms for $55 each plus tax...totaling $65.90 per room!! Cheaper than the Hotwire rate! Thank you so much for your help! ( Unfortunately, we will not be finding out the identity of the 3.5 star "customer favorite") :)

Yes, it is the downtown zone. It was not accepted on my first bid ( which was $45), my second bid was $50, it was my third at $55 that was accepted. I called a friend immediately after I got it and he tried for 3 rooms at $55 and was accepted right away ( also at the Renaissance...I know we gambled and were not guaranteed to get the same hotel, but that was ok since the price was right for a 4* hotel in the downtown area!). This win, I think, has made some believers in my buddies. They were resisting the idea of doing Hotwire/Priceline and wanted to pay the hotel website prices. I have no idea why....stubborn men I guess. I went on my own to get this bid without their knowledge because I am a believer in the system and in these websites where a little studying really helps you! But after they saw that I got the Renaissance they jumped on it right away and had to ask ME how to do a priceline bid! A little moral victory for me!! :) Again, thanks for all of the help and advice you to give to everybody on this website!! I know I REALLY appreciate it!

The Renaissance is rated by Priceline as a 4*. In my original post, I was looking to do Hotwire and could not identify their 3.5*. I decided to try Priceline for a 4* before I accepted Hotwire's offer for the unidentified 3.5* customer favorite. I never bid on a 3*, just a 4*. Hope this clarifies?

PS I had some other people follow my lead and they have the Renaissance for $64 plus tax (3 rooms).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]