Priceline Hotel: Two NYC hotel strategy questions

Toby H
By Toby H,
in

First time poster; just registered today after a friend told me about the site. Also never used Priceline.

My girlfriend and I will be arriving at JFK airport fairly late on the evening of Friday, March 25 and plan to hang out with friends in NYC until midday Sunday, March 27. Given that we're likely to be whupped after flying--and because there's a non-trivial chance that delays could make our already-late arrival time even later, our thought was that, for the first night, we'd just try to get a basic room near the airport where we can crash. For Saturday night, we have a strong preference for staying on Manhattan, given that that's where the people we want to see and the places we want to go are located. That being said, we're likely to be out very late that night and leaving pretty early the next morning, so there's no need for anything fancy.

So, what I'm looking for is advice about two things:

1. Getting the cheapest room possible in the JFK area on the night on 3/25/05. Ideally, we'd prefer a 2* room, but probably would be willing to go down to 1* if it would make a big difference; and

2. Getting a 2* or maybe 2.5* room on the night of 3/26/05. Our first choice would be to be in Priceline's Upper West Side zone, but either Upper Midtown-Central Park South or Midtown West could work too.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I wouldn't stay out at the airport as you'll end up getting a much later start on 'the city' on Saturday... finish your traveling the day you arrive so you get a fresh start the following day. Besides, there's absolutely nothing around the airport. Of course this leads to...

What is your expected budget? In NYC it's not typically recommended to go for the ultra-low star ratings... some can be quite bad. Although not known to be a priceline participant, i always like to reference these revies of the CARTER HOTEL as just how bad a NYC Hotel room can be.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Goal is really to minimize price, even if that means getting dicey on quality. We've stayed in some fairly sketchy places, especially in other countries, and aren't particularly bothered by much so long as we have a placed to sleep. What's the lowest that you think might be feasible?

JFK will probably cost you between $50-$75... if this is feasible let us know and we'll supply a bidding strategy when you're ready to bid.

If all you really need is a bed to sleep in Manhattan some of the first listings at EasyClick will likely be your cheapest options (as some are dorms, hostels, have shared baths, etc)

Let us know if the EasyClick deals work for you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]