Priceline Hotel: Realistic Price for Absecon (Atlantic City) Seaview

ready123go
By ready123go,
in

Looking to book Seaview in Absecon for 07/09-07/11. Seaview has $194 p/n on their website. Tuesday it was $149 on an 'opaque' website different from HOTWIRE (don't know if it's O.K. to name other sites). On Wednesday on the same opaque site it was bumped up to $163. My guess is that there was a change-over to summer rates for such a jump (just a guess). Wednesday, my highest bid of $145 was shot down. I currently have rezzies with Seaview direct as back-up. What is realistic for a weekend at that time of year? Used links for my PRICELINE bidding. Would appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

P.S.-Alternate would be the Chelsea in Atlantic City for same dates. What would be realistic for Chelsea?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't bid on a specific property... if you bid the Absecon zone are you willing to accept any hotel in the zone rated 4* or higher? If you bid for Atlantic City are you willing to accept any 3* or higher in the zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you. Thank you for the great site.

I understand that I cannot bid a specific hotel. However, from what I can tell the Seaview is the only 4* outside of downtown and downtown is much higher in price. So, it seems a low 4* bid in Atlantic City area is likely to be the Seaview (I would not mind another 4* hotel).

I have not done any homework on the Chelsea, so I really don't have a background there, I was just curious about a starting price for a 3* in downtown.

I have no knowledge of average Atlantic City prices, let alone summer prices, so I was wondering what a reasonable starting point price might be for a 4* bid, with an eye towards the Seaview pricing as opposed to downtown pricing, for the weekend in question?

If i'm reading your thread correctly, you have already bid for a 4* in Absecon at $145... but you can get this property for $163 thru another site? (is it Travelocity or LastMinuteTravel?) Is the $163/nite rate non-refundable?.

Assuming the $163 rate is available how high would you be willing to bid for a 4* hotel in this zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]