Priceline Hotel: 4* - 1st time in the Big Apple

hogie43
By hogie43,
in

Hi Betterbidding...love your site!

My wife and I are travelling to NYC to see some shows and be tourists. As it is our first visit I could really use some advice. I have seen lots of great deals on the PL forum but I'm afraid I will end up way off the beaten track.

On Hotwire I have found a 4* 'Boutique' hotel in MTE with Heath club, spa, HS internet & business centre for: $153.

Can you determine which hotel this is and if it is in a good location for our trip?

Is this a good price or should I hold out.

I have been bidding on PL all in MT for a 4* and have gone as high as $130 without success. Any suggestions?

hogie

Hi Betterbidding...love your site!

My wife and I are travelling to NYC to see some shows and be tourists. As it is our first visit I could really use some advice. I have seen lots of great deals on the PL forum but I'm afraid I will end up way off the beaten track.

On Hotwire I have found a 4* 'Boutique' hotel in MTE with Heath club, spa, HS internet & business centre for: $153.

Can you determine which hotel this is and if it is in a good location for our trip?

Is this a good price or should I hold out.

I have been bidding on PL all in MT for a 4* and have gone as high as $130 without success. Any suggestions?

hogie

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can keep all posts in this thread (regardless of Priceline or Hotwire) and we'll move it to the appropriate forum based upon whichever is ultimtately used... it's easier to keep track of what has been done/tried when everything is in one place.

Two Questions:

1) What are the dates of your stay... we can't researc prices without know the actual dates.

2) Can you double check at HOTWIRE and see if the MTE hotel you describe above is indeed a 4*... or perhaps a 4.5*?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry about that: we have confirmed tickets arriving on 21 Apr and leaving on 24 Apr 05.

On Hotwire the Hotel I referred to is a 4*. I'm pretty sure I saw it earlier in the week for $159. Yesterday it was $153. When I went through some of the posts - it seemed to fit the description for the W hotel but that was a 4 1/2*...perhaps they have downgraded.

I hear W has small rooms...is the location good. I am usually very happy with Starwood hotels...I really like their beds and down comfortors.

hogie

Nope. I was looking for 1 room for 2 people. I have also checked tonight and its no longer offered, but this has happened before. I saw it for 159 for a couple of days and then it was gone. Then I saw it for $153 for a couple of days.

Sounds like it is a new one on you...

How about my other questions...what do you think?

hogie

The price fluctuation between $153 and $159 is normal for HOTWIRE... but this situation is different as the hotel you describe isn't even showing up at all (so it's really a moot point unless is re-appears)

If this is the W New York on Lexington, the reviews are not very good.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

this is what I cut and pasted from the hotwire site:

Midtown East (Midtown) - See map

Selected amenities include: Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, Spa Services, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center. View complete amenity list and description Ref No. 5192532455

Best Value! $159 per room per night.

anyway...it might be gone and I would like to pursue a room via PL anyway.

Request a bidding strategy for the nights of Apr 21, 22 & 23.

Midtown location (or as recommended)

*4 (ideally)

looking for $150 or less.

My priority is a clean room in a safe hotel with good access to the sights and sounds of the city

Can you lend a hand?

hogie

You have 2 re-bid zones as the 4* level, if you're not sure of your re-bid zones please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask any questions that you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $150.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

:) ... Struck out. I tried your bidding strategy up to $150 with no luck. I have booked the UN Millenium Plaza as a back up. $177 (Gov't rate) and will keep on the look out.

Do you know of any other hotels that may have a better price with a Gov't rate? $177 is pretty good as the reviews on this hotel are excellent.

tnx for the help

hogie

Current EasyClickTravel policy is that reservations are refundable up to 72 hours before check-in date... complete terms will be given during check-out. (5 days for on-site disney properties, which doesn't apply here, but may help somebody looking in Orlando from making a mistake :) )

Please be sure to use our EasyClickTravel link for your booking and let us know which property you choose.

Thanks for the info. I booked a "off the record hotel" which matched the description of the Beekman Towers precisely - the description was identical to the description on the hotel website.

I got it for $159 per night for the periood 21-24 April. There cancellation policy is 72 hrs in advance which allows me to keep trying for a better deal on priceline.

I guess I will cancel my booking at the UN plaza which was also a pretty good deal for such a reputable hotel ($177)

tnx for the help

hogie :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]