Hotwire Hotel: Williamsburg Area

DaveRave824
By DaveRave824,
in

Hello.

I came across a Hotwire listing for a 2* hotel in the Williamsburg area. It was listed at 39.99 p/n

I am travelling down there with my son (13) for a Top Gun QB challenge. The area of event is at the Warhill Sports Complex, 5700 Warhill Trail Williamsburg Va.

Need a clean place to stay, with a pool for some down time, LOL, actually for me. he'll be in football camp all day!

The time of travel is 7/20-7/25 .

We will use the last free day to visit Busch Gardens.

Any thoughts ideas........New to this type of travel arrangements.

Thanks in advance.

I just booked a night there at the Kingsmill Marriott on 7/30-7/31 and may extend that another day for the same place ($53/night). This was through PRICELINE. For something closer to your neck of the woods, I would try doing Name Your Price on PRICELINE in the "Outlets" area instead of the "Busch Gardens" area which I did. If you don't mind hopping on 199 for a 10-15 minutes to get back and forth to where your son is, you can try the Busch Gardens area.

I used to live there until 2006 and worked for a company which partnered with all of numerous hotels in the Williamsburg area, so shoot me a PM if you need advice on which hotels are nicer and whatnot.

According to the "list" on this site, the 2^ may be the Travelodge at 120 Bypass rd....which according to mapquest is 3.93 mi away (8mins) from the Sports Complex.

The price would be very nice which comes to 235.88 for the 5 nights.

I was just unsure of the hotel, or the area.

Hey, I live in NYC, I trust no one...LOL

Did you mean the outlets area is 15 mins away from the sports complex?

Thoughts?

Much appreciated for the help...

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of that Travelodge on Bypass or any of them in the area actually. There are police called there quite often for disturbances, and there is a Hooters next door, which is one of the few bars in the whole area. Maybe that's a plus for you though? LOL. There are several other good hotels on Bypass Road if you look (other than Ramada 1776, bleh), but that traffic is awful to take a left turn across during the day and evenings and especially in summers. You would be doing that if you went to get your son at Warhill.

I would take a look at Powhatan Plantation, which is nearby, and it actually has some surprisingly cheap rates on PRICELINE's regular hotel booking section. Also, the Days Inn at Lightfoot (I think it goes by the name Days Inn Williamsburg Colonial Resort) is pretty good, and I've stayed there a few times. Its a newer hotel and pretty far away from most of Williamsburg, but it will be very close to where your son is. Also, check out the Clarion and Holiday Inn Patriot on Richmond Road. Those are very close as well. I think I recently saw the Clarion around $70/night on one site.

On PRICELINE Name Your Price, the Outlets area is going to be close to where the sports complex is, and the Busch Gardens area is on the opposite side of Williamsburg (an extra 15 minute drive probably on 199).

Let me know how it works out...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Looks like you're getting some good local advice :) If you decide to continue with PRICELINE / HOTWIRE let us know once you decide upon zone(s) and star rating you're willing to accept and we will advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or please use the links in our support page if you decide to book direct)

Please follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing for this stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The reviews are not that great.

I'll add that the lowest rated hotels are generally not the "sweet spot' for PRICELINE and HOTWIRE... you can often save a few dollars on these budget properties, but the real savings come at the higher rated hotels as there is much more margin (and ability to discount) a $150/nite room than there is to discount a room which typically sells for $65-$70 thru direct channels.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I appreciate the help.

Unfortunately due to the type of travel we were going to do, paying for a higher star with PRICELINE / HOTWIRE was not to be done this time.

I had used HOTWIRE in the past for a game in Baltimore area, and it was great. That is why i tried here first....

Hopefully it all goes well for this type of trip and type of stay I picked......

With the law enforcement discount I got the 5 nights for 170.00, I also made sure to call the local PD and inquire....

Thanks again for the help and guidance.....

DaveRave824

Thanks for the follow-up and closing this thread.

I had used HOTWIRE in the past for a game in Baltimore area, and it was great. That is why i tried here first....
Plelase post your future wins on the board so all members can gain from the information :)

Good luck with everything.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]