Orlando MCO thoughts

Little Time
By Little Time,
in

Greetings,

Renting a car at Orlando International MCO from Sat July 24 to Wed July 28. Used Mid-size, because price points are not much different, but could use any size car (2 people).

Hotwire has options starting around $23 per day.

Failed using link to PRICELINE naming my own price @ $12 per day, strangely it suggested $44 per day was fair, then offered Payless at $18.

Have a month to work on it, so will try again tomorrow. If anyone has thoughts/recent experience, its been quite a while since I named my own price for a car and would be open to tips.

Thanks!

I will go as high as I am forced to ultimately, because we are flying in and then leaving Orlando for a few days, so absolutely need a car.

Sadly, HOTWIRE now shot up to $40 per day.

Tried PRICELINE

$16 Midsize

$17 Compact

$18 Standard

All rejected, Priceline offered me a $35 standard car from Payless after the standard car bid.

Will keep a daily eye on it and report. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

While PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE... it's not 50% cheaper so i think you'll need to raise your bids a bit.

Also, if you haven't already, i would recommend booking a cancellable back-up just to protect yourself from rates moving even higher from here.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Turned down on midsize $25 this evening

Thanks for the advice on a cancelable backup.

I used a Free Weekend Day coupon with National, and wound up with $198 including the taxes etc. So the per day rate is horrible, but the free day puts it a bit below where Hotwire is posting now.

I'll keep an eye on it over the next several weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm now realizing I didn't post this thread in the right place, as I now have seen the Car Rentals section of the board......

Very interesting to see the win at $20 from Avis at MCO for a week in August at $20 per day......great win, happy for you!

I have continued to fail with bids in the mid to upper $20's for economy to mid size range over the past two weeks, also interesting, there is not a single blind, discounted offering on Hotwire for these dates! Everything offered is direct in the mid $40's per day.

Anyway, I sincerely appreciate the great advice to get a backup, which I did back at that point. With a free weekend day coupon from a coupon book I have, the all in cost booking direct with National was $199 for this need, so I am sticking with that.

Best wishes and happy hunting everyone!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]