Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Orlando Airport MCO Hyatt

BooBooToo
By BooBooToo,
in

Hotwire is quoting $54 for the 3.5star with NO icon for shuttle (but icons for restaurant, pool, gym, business centre, and tennis). Sound like the MCO Hyatt hotel?

That had crossed my mind that it is because there is no shuttle (airport hotel with no shuttle, strongly suggests the one connected to/in the terminal... But the one on Hotwire which doesn't show a shuttle as an ammenity, has a symbol for Tennis.

I have stayed at the Hyatt before - 3 years ago - and really couldn't remember any tennis there. Looking on the Hyatt website, it says "tennis nearby". So I guess it may be that one afterall.

Any thoughts to confirm/reject my theory that this is the MCO Hyatt?

Thanks,

Boo

As you've discovered, the Tennis icon really means Tennis nearby.

Your logic certainly makes sense (and i like the thought process!), but of course, the downside is if you get a hotel other than this one in the airport zone that does not have a shuttle, you'd then have to add in the add'l expense of a taxi to/from the airport (although this seems less likely in a tourist area like Orlando where shuttles are very common)

Please keep us updated as to what you decide to do, and if you do go with Hotwire, if it indeed is the Hyatt.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeah, I had thought of the shuttle thing, then discounted it because of the Tennis. But a poster (Bill) reminded me that the shuttle (for an MCO airport hotel) is probably a more inportant factor.

Need to confirm my flights (airmiles awards currently on hold) on friday and will book a hotel then - will go for this one, if it is still available, and post back to let you know how it goes.

Getting the MCO Hyatt is not the be all and end all, but it would make life a lot easier that day (we have a 7.5 hour layove at MCO in between a post cruise flight up from FLL and before our flight back to the UK). Hence we are looking for a cheap room that is convenient for the airport... :)

Thanks again,

Boo

Just to confirm, booked this today...

The MCO "Orlando Area" hotel which is displayed as 3.5 stars with the following ammenities:

- restaurant,

- pool,

- gym,

- business centre, and

- tennis.

(and notably no shuttle icon displayed)

IS the MCO Airport Hyatt. Got this at a reasonable rate of $52 (+ $12.95 taxes and fees) for 9th until 10th August (although we will be checking out for a 8.30pm ish flight back to the UK).

Boo

Very nice savings... Its the first time I have ever used Hotwire (have always been a bit suspicious of things like Hotwire/Priceline), but am definitely a convert now :).

To me, hotwire may sometimes work out more expensive than Pricelines, but I like the comprimise it gives: you sometimes work out what your hotel is going to be, near enough.

Will probably use it to purchase 2 nights at the Embassy Suites in Ft lauderdale in the very near future too.

Definitely a new Hotwire fan :)

Boo

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]