Priceline Hotel: 3* Providence (Cranston-Warwick-Prov Airport PVD) Hilton Garden Inn

stasik
By stasik,
in

Looking to stay in the Providence Airport Area 7/2 to 7/5.

Did some research, the lowest published price for that star level and weekend is $76 at the Sheraton Providence Airport.

I am guessing that Coventry - West Warwick would be a free re-bid zone. Newport-Jamestown is effectively a free re-bid zone since the odds of getting a hotel in Newport for that price is practically zero.

Wondering if I can score something in the $40-$50 range.

I have been looking around for hotels in RI for July 4th weekend on both HOTWIRE and PRICELINE. My main target is Priceline. But I set the trip tracker function in Hotwire just to see what comes up.

So I got this email.

"Recently, you found a 2-night stay at a Newport hotel from Jul. 2 to Jul. 5 for $132*. We just spotted a lower price."

The price was $105 for a 4* hotel in Newport. That's a pretty sweet deal given what most guys are advertising.

So when I went to the website, that price was nowhere to be found. It was the same rates I have seen before.

My question is: when you get this email what is happening here?

1. Is this a real rate that someone booked for the exact dates that just popped up on Hotwire and was nabbed?

2. Is this a rate that I could get for other dates and they are just feeding me a line that this rate is available?

If its the first answer, I was wondering if Hotwire posts new rates at a certain time and other buyers are jumping in at that moment? Does anyone know what time that is that Hotwire would post up new rates or is it completely random?

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same dates. We will edit and move your thread in the end.

The reports you get when watching a trip are not date specific for your stay. So you will get reports from the same area but for diffrent dates. But the rates are date specific for the reports.

There's no pattern when new rates are loaded to HOTWIRE. Everything is about demand for the rooms/hotels. So you can see a good deal today but it can be gone tomorrow.

I hope this answer your thoughts.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

So I got this email.

"Recently, you found a 2-night stay at a Newport hotel from Jul. 2 to Jul. 5 for $132*. We just spotted a lower price."

What were the actual dates in the email... as the above would be a 3 nite stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What were the actual dates in the email... as the above would be a 3 nite stay.

Uh, not sure. Swapping everything between work email and Iphone and home email, something went south. But I was searching on 7/2-7/5

Anyway, just got the Hilton Garden Inn - PVD on Thurber Street for 7/2/10 through 7/5/10.

Tried Sunday @ $40 - rejected

added E. Providence/Seekonk @ $43 - rejected.

Tried Monday @ $45 - Priceline counteroffered $55. I passed.

added E. Providence/Seekonk @49 - rejected.

Bid today @ $50 - accepted

I could have kept messing around in the $40's for a few days but I hate to take chances around holiday weekends. Might end up paying $60.

Stayed in this hotel before. Neighborhood is a little funky, but its a nice property. Free parking and wi-fi but no free breakfast.

Looks like its a bit more than most folks pay for this property, but not a lot more and its Independence Day weekend. All in all, it's a bargain to me.

Used your PRICELINE link.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]