Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (SFO Airport-Burlingame) Embassy Suites

Vikki_G
By Vikki_G,
in

I've used Hotwire a couple of times before but never Priceline - thinking of giving it a go in September as we're looking for a one night stay near the airport in San Francisco before driving out of the city the following day, so we're not that fussed on the exact hotel, location etc. I'm struggling to work out where to start though so would appreciate some help!

Details of the stay are as follows -

Dates: 09/17/10 to 09/18/10

Preferred Priceline area: SFO International Airport - Burlingame

Preferred Star Rating: Ideally 4* but would consider 3.5*

In terms of budget, I've been having a look around and it seems like the Hyatt & Hilton are the most common 4* Priceline hotels in the area - the Hilton can be booked via their own website for $99 advance purchase rate, the Hyatt for $149. The Doubletree, which appears to be the most common 3.5*, can be had for $79 booked directly. I've checked on Hotwire & could get a 4* that night for $89 (most likely the Westin Milbrae or the Embassy Suites) or a 3.5* (likely the Crowne Plaza) for $74, so using Priceline I'd like to think we could get something in the region of $60-$65 but would go to $70 maximum for a 4*.

I was thinking of starting with a bid in the low $50s and seeing what happened. Still trying to get my head around the re-bidding thing properly, but assuming we started off looking only for a 4* would I be correct in thinking that Civic Centre, Fishermans Wharf, Marina, SFO North or South San Francisco could all be used as free re-bid areas as they don't have any 4* properties when I select them on Priceline?

Any help with this would be most gratefully received!

Thanks, Vikki

would I be correct in thinking that Civic Centre, Fishermans Wharf, Marina, SFO North or South San Francisco could all be used as free re-bid areas as they don't have any 4* properties when I select them on Priceline?

You've got your five rebid zones right, Vikki_G. If you bid for 3.5* later eliminate Fisherman's Wharf from the list (because FW zone has 3.5* hotels.)

PRICELINE usually beats HOTWIRE on price. If Hotwire's 4* is $89 it's possible you can get a Priceline 4* for $70 or less.

I suggest $55 for a 4*. Then add your rebids, one at time, upping $3 with each to your $70 limit.

Please use this PRICELINE link and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Thanks Colfax.

I didn't know it was relevant so didn't mention earlier, but I'm in the UK - can I still use PRICELINE.com? I gave it a go and it wasn't happy with me using a UK billing address so I couldn't get all the way through the booking. I just used the regular HOTWIRE.com site so hadn't even thought that this would be an issue.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]