Priceline Hotel: New to Priceline

cvfd1615
By cvfd1615,
in

New to trying priceline out and would appreciate good tips and suggestions on how to score the best rate.

I am not picky on hotels but I don't want dumps and would like in good locations.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

We're looking at going to St. Louis in September and would appreciate any help that can be provided, we would like a downtown property if possible.

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

If you would like to get help with a bidding strategy so please post your budget/night, zone(s) you're willing to stay in and the rating for the hotel.

also please post your firm date(s) for the stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

July 9th Check out on 10th,

3 1/2 - 4 in Downtown Indianapolis

What would be your desired budget per night? A 4* can definitely be had on HOTWIRE in downtown Indianapolis for $69 (although the price you see may vary slightly) on these dates, so you may be able to get something in the $45-55 range on PRICELINE (although more likely in the $50-55 range.) Overall though, this would seem like a pretty reasonably priced date in Indianapolis, considering the Summer season.

Let us know any questions you may have before bidding/purchasing.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

You can see the 4* hotels in this area reported to the board in the Priceline Hotel List.

When bidding, there's no way to know which 4* you will likely get. The trade-off for the discounted rates is not being able to know which hotel you may end up with out of the possibilities.

$45 has a slim chance, but is worth trying if you want to go for a lowball offer. If $45 isn't accepted, then you could try $50, 55, etc, although I can't imagine a bid would require much above $55 if $55 was not accepted. If your bid is not accepted, you can try again using the "re-bidding" tactic (see here) or wait 24 hours to try again.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches, and let us know if you have any questions before attempting to make a purchase on either service.

Should I bid $45 and if declined then go up to $50?

Jump in there and make that first bid. If you get it at $45 you will be very happy, and if you don't you will have broken the ice and the next bid will be much easier. But do know that if your bid is successful your credit card will be charged right away.

For the record, you can even increase your bid by just $1 a day.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]