The honeymoon starts in Seattle...

city slicker
By city slicker,
in

I don't have any suggestions as its been years since I took the coast from Seattle to Sacramento but I will remember that trip for ever. You will love the drive down the coast,its one of the best road trips you will ever make.

The drive down the coast of Oregon is incredible! You will love it. The first town after the border of California is Crescent City. There's a Hampton Inn there that's reasonably priced and right on one of the most scenic rock beaches, where you can find agates and baby seals laying on the shore. Next to the hotel is a lighthouse that can only be reached during low tide. Highly recommend this Hampton Inn- great staff and service, ocean view rooms, and if you are a Hhonors member, it's an Opportunity level (only 7500 points per night!). From there, you can cut up the 199 through the redwoods to Grants Pass, or if you want to keep going down the 101, you can drive through three trees and wine country on the way to San Francisco. Cross the Golden Gate bridge, see the city, then take the 80 to the 505 to the 5. Going north, you see Shasta (lake and mountain) and some very beautiful country. We stayed at a nice Fairfield Inn off the 5 outside of Medford (only 7500 Marriott points per night, though I've seen it come up on Priceline, too). One suggestion- if your car isn't the most comfortable, rent one. It will make a big difference. Congrats, and have fun!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]