AZ Tucson Flamingo Suites North

rc408
By rc408,
in

My first (and last?) 1* through Priceline. I stayed at the Flamingo Suites in the North Tucson area 2/26/05. The PGA tour and Rodeo were in town so everything was full.

The hotel (motel?) was just off the main road (Oracle) and was easy to get to. The grounds were clean and well kept. The parking lot is paved/loose gravel. I called the night before my arrival to verify the reservation and the person I spoke with was very friendly and helpful. The person I checked in with though,made it seem like I was interrupting her day.

The rooms were clean with a Southwestern feel. They were fair, about what I would expect for a 1*. The kitchenette was old but there was a full sized refridgerator. I didn't use the kitchen at all so I don't know how well it worked. Each room has it's own water heater, mine was located in the closet. The room was clean but I wouldn't want to sit or lay down on the floor. The TV worked (w/remote) and had Starz Movie channel in addition to all the local channels. No in room movies or VCR/DVD players.

The bathroom looked about the same age as the kitchen but there was a patch of mildew on the shower ceiling:( . I didn't notice it until I got back to the room that night so I didn't bother asking to change rooms as that would have been too big a hassle at the time. It was minor but easliy cleaned so I don't know how clean the rooms really were if they missed the mildew. It would take about 30 seconds to wipe it down.

I dropped the key off at the front desk to check out and they seemed surprised. There was no automatic or TV checkout so I thought I needed to go to the desk, apparently most people just leave the key in the room.

The few people I saw at the hotel looked like regular folks but there was one VERY drunk guy weaving to his room :) , I'd hate to be him the next day.

SUMMATION: I'd prefer not to stay here again if I don't have to, but it wasn't a bad place.

Pictures will be posted soon.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]