Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New Orleans 7/9-7/12

jannster
By jannster,
in

Hi - need help bidding on 3.5*+ New Orleans French Quarter. I understand that usually it's the Chateau Bourbon Wyndham. When I look at Hotwire, I don't even see a 3.5* only 3* & 4*

Dates:

7/9/10 - 7/12/10

Female - Traveling solo

Priorities:

1. Good hotel (3.5* or 4*)

2. Price (hopefully under $60, but willing to pay up to $65) (Hoping to offset parking fees)

3. Location (nearest to FQ) I like the location of the Chateau Bourbon

Yesterday I put in two bids on Priceline $50 and $55... both declined (which didn't surprise me).

Thanks in advance!

J;)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

HOTWIRE does not have "opaque" inventory for your dates at the 3.5* or 4* level which is why they show 'retail' listings which are in "gray mode" (vs. the "red" of the opaque listings).

It appears that PRICELINE's Downtown zone may likely be cheaper than the FQ... would the downtown zone be 'close enough' to the french quarter for you? Would you like to try for a 3.5* (or your budget may even be enough for a 4*) in the Downtown zone or do you want to first try up to your limit in the French Quarter?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yesterday I put in two bids on PRICELINE $50 and $55... both declined (which didn't surprise me).

I'm assuming French Quarter was the only zone selected... but did you bid at the 3.5* level or only at the 4* level?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your not leaving yourself much room between your previous bids and your maximum bid, but if you want to give it a try...

At the 3.5* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* French Quarter...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65

Any questions feel free to ask.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

jannster

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same dates. We will edit and move your thread in the end.

Best guess would be Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancell your trip, etc.

• 5 weeks later...

I ended up booking the Chateau Bourbon through their reservation ageng for $104 (the government rate).

I unsuccessfully tried bidding on Priceline all the way up to $75... so I gave up.

I wanted to ensure that I knew I was getting the Chateau based on preferences and location.

BTW - for readers, the Chateau Bourbon was worth the $. It was a great location and the parking was easily accessible without Valet. Please know that you WILL be paying for parking anywhere in this area, so don't fight it... accept it.

The hotel was clean, spacious, had awesome beds/bedding, and the pool looked awesome, but I didn't go down there, just viewed it from my balcony - hotel was quiet, even though there were late-niter's in the hallway.

After visiting NOLA French Q, I can honestly say that you WILL NOT go wrong with this property.

Thanks for the help in trying to find me an acceptable bid! Will definitely use you guys in the future!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]