Priceline Hotel: 3* Helsinki Holiday Inn City West

Romelle
By Romelle,
in

I just successfully got a 3* Helsinki hotel for $65 plus the $5 bonus referenced in www.flyertalk.com (last day of bonus June 14). 4 nights.

I first bid $60 (plus the bonus) for 3 nights. Got a counter-offer for an additional $15, so figured I was reasonably close. Changed my dates and bid the $65 and it worked.

I was a little worried about getting a hotel at the airport since there is only one zone for all of Helsinki, including the airport. But the only retail offerings from Priceline for the airport are 2* hotels, so I took a chance. I also knew there was reasonable public transportation from the airport downtown, so figured I could make it work if I had to.

Looks like no breakfast is included, but the whole hotel is non-smoking so don't have to worry about that.

There is a metro stop about 1/10 of a mile away. I'm not sure just what is going on with the map, but think it is right by a huge shopping complex.

I'll review it when I get back.

The best rack rate was 104 Euro, or $127 so this is a fine deal.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]