Hotwire Hotel: Help Identify 2* Hotel in Mag Mile-Streeterville Area on 7/16 to 7/17

Rachel0716
By Rachel0716,
in

I am looking to go to Chicago with 4 adults from 7/16-7/17. We'd like to keep the entire total under 150 (after taxes), and it seems that because of this budget, the only thing showing up on Hotwire is a 2* hotel in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area for $119. Unfortunately, no amenties are listed, so I am left baffled! I am pretty familiar with Chicago, however, and am not afraid of public transportation--so if you see a better deal in a relatively convenient area, please let me know.

Also! I hope I am posting this right. If not, just redirect me elsewhere (and sorry if I did!!) :)

Also! I lived in Hyde Park once upon a time.. and am guessing the 2* for $75 in South Chicago- Hyde Park area is the Ramada Inn Lakeshore? Its amenities include a swimming pool. a restaurant, and high-speed internet. Not an ideal location, obviously, but seems like a good guess/reasonable rate?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It may be a long shot, but have you considered bidding for two rooms for a 3* hotel? A $65 bid comes out to $158 all-in... if you could increase your budget to $70 or $75 per room even better, but i would consider this route before considering the 2* hotel(s) above.

Your thoughts?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll guess the Red Roof is certainly a possibility - there could be others (although I really can't think of any other possibilities in this zone - there's a Hojo, but I think that falls within the NMA-Water Tower-Gold Coast zone.) Overall though, as suggested above, I'd definitely try PRICELINE first before going for this HOTWIRE property.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'd be all for two rooms, but unfortunately, it's one of those awkward situations where the group happens to be unable to be split evenly into two separate couples.

Anyways, I am also now considering (after using this site's HOTWIRE link, of course), the 4* Museum Campus-McCormick Place-Soldier Field area hotel for $113. The amenities are:

-Fitness Center

-Pool(s)

-Restaurant(s)

-Business Center

-High Speed Internet Access

Obviously, I'd be more leaning toward the Museum Campus area versus something as isolated as the McCormick Place...but I suppose this is the risk we take using Hotwire. Thoughts on this hotel?

There are no hotels right by the Museum Campus - this 4* could possibly be the Hyatt McCormick or Hilton, but I'd say the Hyatt is a definite possibility - there's a 4.5* (Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa) in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area for $159; while over budget, if you were to end up at the Hyatt McCormick, you'd likely have to pay for transit costs to get downtown or back. This property would be far more centrally located.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]