Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) Amalfi

wicky33
By wicky33,
in

Hello,

I am travelling with 2 friends and looking for a room to accommodate 3 people. I know PL only guarantees rooms for 2 adults, so more than likely I will just use Hotwire for my trip. But first I thought I would double check here to see if anyone has any other suggestions for bidding on PL for 3 people.

Here are trip details:

August 20-21, Chicago

would like to book 4* Chicago (NMA-River North)

It would be great to pay less than $110.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!! Vicky

PS- I have used this sight/link once before to book on PL with great success, thanks for help.

My advice would be to book use Priceline and once you know your hotel, call them directly and say you've made the reservation via PL and would like to request a room with two double beds. I do it all the time (or just request it when checking in), and I would say 98% of the time it's not problem, the 2% that it is a problem it's generally a same day reservation and they don't have any rooms with 2 beds left.

Now if what you want is three beds (i.e. a double bed plus a rollaway) you're really at their mercy, but booking in advance and having them put it on your reservation should do the trick.

There is no guarantee of two beds with PRICELINE. If it's a busy day - especially in a major city - the hotel could say no or charge an extra fee (the Indigo downtown is an example of a hotel that has been reported to do that consistently, but there could certainly be others.)

Overall, there is no particular "work-around" with PRICELINE and 2 beds - if it's a requirement, then the best choice is HOTWIRE. If you can "take the risk", then you could try PRICELINE.

Please let us know which service you would be interested in going with (additionally, is your budget $110 + taxes/fees or $110 "all-in"?) and we would be happy to offer further suggestions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I book through PRICELINE even though i book a room for 2 poeple and want 2 beds.

Your case is only for 1 night on a friday night, so if you get a chain hotel and call immediately after knowing your hotel, they will be more than happy to assign your request upon availability.

I have had only 1 time in which i got a 1 bed room, but it was because i checked in at 1am to the hotel, so all double beds for that night had already been given away.

Try PRICELINE as you will get a better discount and just get it to work with your hotel directly.

Regards.

I've never had a problem getting a room with a double bed if I requested one, but it looks like I might have an issue with my upcoming priceline stay at Ambassador East in early July.

I called them direct to see how my reservation was set up .. seems it's kind of a first come first serve request type deal at that hotel with PRICELINE customers taking a backseat to the full price crowd. The fella on the phone told me since my reservation is on a weekend I might get stuck with one bed.

I asked if I could go ahead and request a double bed with him, but he said it's determined upon arrival for folks who booked with PRICELINE. We'll see, I guess. That's the first I've ever really experienced being treated differently than any other customer. In other stays I've had thru PRICELINE it's never been an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. I will probably use Hotwire to be safe.

There is a hotel I am considering. Could anyone help ID it? I have searched other post and the hotel list, but cant ID this hotel. I am a bit concerend because it only has a 60% recommended score.

Thanks Vicky

4* North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast

Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center Restaurant(s) Business Center , High-speed Internet Access ,Golf Nearby -- Recommended in 60% and 3.5/5 trip advisor.

When searching for 3 adults for this particular date, I'm seeing a 4.5* in the Mag Mile-Streeterville area for $108, which would be a phenomenal deal. The 4.5* is showing w/Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa and would be a possible match for the James.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi

I am traveling with 3 adults.

I just tried the search again and didnt come up with the offer you saw. Wonder what I am doing wrong? I used your link both times I've checked today, this am and just now. That does sound like a wonderful deal.

The cheapest 4.5* I see coming up is $146 in Mag mile/Streeterville, fitness center, rest, biz center, internet, 80% recommended-- (this I think is Interconnental)

There is also a 4* for in same area for $124, 85%, fit center, rest, biz center, internet, spa. ---- I think this is the Hyatt, but didnt think it had a spa?? (prefer not to stay at the Hyatt)

Thanks again for your help!!

Vicky

The potential James for $108 is showing in the 4.5* Mag Mile spot for 8/20-21 only; if you search for 8/21-22 or 8/20-22, you see the Intercontinental for $149 in the 4.5 Mag Mile spot. Moving hotels is not optimal, but if you were able to get the James for the first night and the Intercontinental for the second, those two hotels are within a few blocks of each other.

Additionally, Orbitz has the James for $199 for 8/21-22. If you were able to confirm the first night at the James via HOTWIRE for $108, you could get the second night via Orbitz for $199 and the per night average would be $153.50.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or Orbitz or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Thanks for help. Just now ended up booking on Hotwire (will post on hotwire board too)

$136/ night

3 people

3.5* Amalfi Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville area Hotel

Aug 20, 2010 to Aug 23, 2010

Used link above to search and connect to HOTWIRE, but wasn’t logged in on betterbidding before I did the search and booking. Hope you still get credit. (I would think you would since I used link)

Hello,

Booked

$136/ night

3 people

3.5* Amalfi Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville area Hotel

100% approval rating. Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Business Center , Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access,

Aug 20, 2010 to Aug 23, 2010

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]