Hotwire Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Embassy Row) The Dupont Hotel

sf7307
By sf7307,
in

I do not understand what it means when it says "(same as Liaison Capitol Hill)" under the Hyatt listing, and "(same as Hyatt Regency)" under the Liasison listing. The Hyatt lists 5 amenities and the Oiaison lists 7 amenities (all the same ones as the Hyatt, plus Smoke Free and Laundry).

Could someone explain this to me please?

As of last report the Liaison didn't have a Laundry icon, which is why it's listed with the strikeout: Laundry... and the Smoke Free icon was was added to the later (as it's a somewhat new icon for HOTWIRE).

If you need help with an upcoming stay please provide the date(s) of your stay and the specific offering(s) you are considering.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen this one before, and I can't identify it from your list:

4 nights July 7-11

Dupont Circle Embassy Row

4*

$126.00

Only amenities listed (I checked the second page, too) are : Fitness, Business Center

Recommended in 75% of reviews

Any idea what hotel this might be?

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately this property has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board - it may be a previously reported property hiding some of the amenities. Unfortunately, with no tripadvisor rating showing and only common amenities showing, it's tough to narrow down this listing.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Unfortunately this property has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board - it may be a previously reported property hiding some of the amenities. Unfortunately, with no tripadvisor rating showing and only common amenities showing, it's tough to narrow down this listing.

Thanks. (I'm willing to gamble, but not quite that much!) I'll keep checking back.

There's another DC listing that I can't identify - this one in the White House/Capitol Hill area. I'm not sure if I should start a new thread about this one or not.

The listing is for 4 nights, July 7th-11th, White House-Capitol Hill, 4*, $144 a night. The amenities listed are:

Fitness

Internet

Business

Restaurant

It also says its recommended by 100% of customers, and seems to have a 4-1/2* and 40+ review on TripAdvisor. This doesn't match up with anything on your list (at first I thought it might by the Hilton, Hyatt or Liaison, but not with the 100%/4-1/2* TripAdvisor ratings thrown in). Based on the 100% rating, 40+ reviews and 4-1/2* on TripAdvisor, the only hotels I can come up with are Eldon Luxury Suites, St. Regis, and the Ritz-Carlton Georgetown.

Any idea what this might be?

These amenities are common for a 4* hotel in any major city, but without anything else being reported as a match, i'll speculate that the Sofitel has been downgraded to the 4* level, and that would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

These amenities are common for a 4* hotel in any major city, but without anything else being reported as a match, i'll speculate that the Sofitel has been downgraded to the 4* level, and that would be my best guess for this one.

So today, there is a new listing that I can't identify:

4 nights, July 7-11

4*

White House-Capitol Hill area

$112

Amenities: Boutique, Fitness, Business, Internet, Golf, Tennis, Recommended by 85%, 4* on TripAdvisor, 50+ reviews (does that refer to TripAdvisor reviews, or to Hotwire reviews?)

Again, any idea? And thanks so much.

This property has not yet been reported to the board... the Loews Madison would be a possibility, but so would be the Donovan House and i'm sure there are others.

If you move forward with this one i would be focusing on the basis that it's well rated by Tripadvisor users (4.0/5.0) and HOTWIRE users... not expecting one of the specific hotels above.

Hi. Reporting back that I bit the bullet on a listing today that I had identified as either the Dupont or the Palomar, and it did indeed turn out to be the Dupont. I did use your HOTWIRE link. Here are the details:

4* Dupont Circle Embassy Row

$119 (although it had been $114 when I checked earlier this morning)

Amenities: Non-smoking, fitness, restaurant, business, internet

We're very happy with hotel and the price (best price on the hotel's website is $237!)!

Thanks again for your help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results... looks like an excellent deal!

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results... looks like an excellent deal!

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

thereuare, can you change the title of my thread -- it looks like I "won" the Palomar, when it was actually the Dupont Hotel that I won. Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]