Priceline Hotel: 3* Louisville (Downtown) Hyatt

sperra869
By sperra869,
in

After reading these helpful posts I decided to take the leap and give the online bidding a try. I am looking for two rooms in downtown Louisville from April 8 to April 14, 2005. Judging from previous posts, winning bids ranged from $47.00 to $63.00 on a three star/four star downtown hotels. I offered $49.00 and was rejected. I have the time to wait the 72 hours and will try again.

As a rule, do longer stays play to any advantage? Or does supply and demand pretty much drive the process?

Any advice or idea for a newbie to consder on the second attempt?

Thanks so much to all who take the time to share info.

This should be an easy zone to bid as there are lots of RE-BIDDING OPPORTUNITIES.

What is your maximum bid for a 4*? How about for a 3*? Is price the sole motive or would you rather spend more for a 4* (if more, how much more is the 4* worth over a 3*)? Was you failed bid above for a 3* or a 4* hotel?

Let us know the answers to the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow. Also, please read the above link regarding re-bidding and ask any questions that may have on that subject as well.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Upcoming national training conference at the Galt House Hotel and Convention Center....as a non-profit - we are always looking for ways to cut costs...

We bid and rebid for a 6 night stay, added zones, and bid and rebid again for a downtown 6 night stay for April 8 thru the 14th - - and did not want to go over the lowest posted Hotwire listing... we were stumped.

Heard theough the grapevine there is another huge convention closing down on the night of Friday the 8th .. thus downtown rooms at a premium with one convention ending late and a second starting the next morning!!

So, we submitted a bid for a five night stay beginning on Saturday the 9th and won the 3 star Hyatt for $56.00 (less taxes) We are driving to Louisville; finding another place further out of town for Friday nite is a bit of a hassle but certainly worth what we are saving overall in room costs.

Thanks to all to posted previous - - we learned alot and will be spending less than half of what the convention center is asking....as a non-profit this enables us to keep more money in programming and less in expenses - -thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]