Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (NMA-River North) Embassy Suites Downtown

abroberg
By abroberg,
in

Need some help ID-ing a hotel for an upcoming vacation, please :)

Booked my last hotel stay though this site, and I appreciate your help!

4* Magnificent Mile/Streeterville

$93 a night 8/19/10-8/22/10

Amenities:

-Fitness Center

-Restaurant

-Business Center

-High Speed Internet

-Spa

We are open to other options, just trying to find a nice hotel for a good price! :)

THANKS!!!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Do you have a particular general budget in mind, as I wouldn't want to suggest more than you're looking to spend. Additionally, are you looking to max your budget, or are you just looking for a nice enough (maybe 3* instead of 4*)/pleasant/well-located place to sleep?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases.

Now through the link you provided I am finding another hotel... seems similar to the first one.

Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville area Hotel

$89 4*

8/19/10 - 8/22/10

Amenities

- fitness center

- restaurants

- business center

- high-speed internet access

- spa

Any ideas?

Thanks!!! :)

• 1 month later...

Looking for some help with a 3.5* hotel in Magnificent Mile- Streeterville area for 8/19/10 - 8/22/10

it's $109 a night, but the prices seem to be changing a LOT today!

Amenities:

-fitness

-business

-high speed internet

The closet I can come up with based on your lists are the Double Tree Mag Mile (but no pool?) or the Hilton Garden Inn/Holiday Inn Express (3*?)

Also, willing to take suggestions... we are looking to spend around $100 a night, but could stretch a little higher if the hotel was right.

We've stayed at the Drake before (way too fancy for us!) and the Hilton Garden Inn.

We are mainly looking for a nice hotel with a location near Michigan Ave.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

I played around on PRICELINE (through your link) and tried numerous bids, none were taken. I tried all the way up to $100 for 3 star and got denied.

So, I'm back to HOTWIRE, and I found one that looks promising.

4* Mag Mile-Streeterville Area

$109

8/19-8/22

Amenities:

- Non-smoking

- Fitness Center

- Pool

- Restaurant

- Business Center

- Hi-Speed Internet

Any thoughts? Sounds like a good deal.

Thanks!

The Sheraton has previously been seen with this amenity combination so that would be my best guess for this one... although i'll point out that the HOTWIRE offer above shows a TA rating of 3.5 while the Tripadvisor website shows a current reading of 4.0... so this is an inconsistency but it's possible that the rating has changed since HOTWIRE last updated the TA rating for this property (which they do about once per month)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, finally a result of this fiasco... and you'll probably need to move this topic and re-title it, haha.

Bid for $90 for North Michigan Ave on Priceline was accepted for Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown

Finally!

Thanks for all your help. We are happy with our results. :)

Happy to help! :)

This Embassy Suites property is seen more rarely than the other location, but this property actually is a more convenient location in the River North area - there's plenty of restaurants and nightlife in the surrounding area, and there's a subway station a block away on State/Grand. There's also the very nice free breakfast and evening reception at this property, as well.

Additionally, there is a Jewel Grocery store one block South, if you need reasonable snacks/drinks. The Trader Joe's at 44 E. Ontario is also highly recommended.

Bravenole,

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

There is no way to guarantee a particular hotel via PRICELINE. It is an opaque service where you bid for a particular star rating and a particular area (for example, 3.5* River North-NMA) and could possibly get any of the participating hotels at the 3.5* level in the area - there's no way to ensure which it may be, and at the 3.5* level, you may be upgraded to one of the 4*'s.) Overall, one must be flexible with what hotel they may get when using PRICELINE.

Please start a new thread if you would like assistance with your stay, and please provide the date/s of travel and desired budget per night.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]