Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Granbury Americas Best Value Inn

badgerW
By badgerW,
in

New city for the list -- Granbury, TX (about 30 miles southwest of Fort Worth). Amenities are listed as Breakfast, Swimming Pool, Laundry, and High-Speed Internet Access. I must note that America's Best Value Inn is listed as 1* on Priceline. From reviews and photos, 1* seems low, while 2.5* seems high.

• 1 month later...

America's Best Value Inn in Granbury, TX is an obviously older hotel that has been renovated. I'm not sure when the renovation took place, but it was fairly recent. Decor was decent, carpet was in good shape, real tile + "granite" countertop (not sure if it was real granite, but it was solid and rock-like) in the bathroom, microfridge and microwave in-room, very roomy room (king bed + loveseat). TV in the room was an older CRT model. Complimentary continental breakfast was satisfactory. Check-in was quick and easy. I think the hotel had a pool, but we did not use it or even see it. Only trouble was a false fire alarm at 7AM. Loud enough to make us wait outside until it was ended.

I don't really know how hotel star ratings work, but after reading a few of the standards used for star ratings, I would say 2.5 stars is probably about right. Somewhere between 2 and 3, probably closer to 2 than 3, but still 2+.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]