Priceline Hotel: 4* Honolulu (Waikiki South) Radisson Prince Kuhio

cmalmond
By cmalmond,
in

Ok, I'm new at this. The last time I tried Priceline was for my wedding two years ago and we accidentally bought tickets so that we would arrive at our reception 2 hours after it was over. Ooops!

So needless to say, I'm very careful now.

Anyway, I'm trying to get a 4 star hotel, preferably the Hotel Prince for our stay. I have tried several times (I think at least 5) with the basic strategy:

Wiakiki North: $95

Add Ihilani: $100

Add Airport: $105

Add Executive Center: $110 (actually tried $111 today just in case, but no go)

So is there anything I'm doing wrong? Should I just be persistent and be patient? Maybe it's too far away? Could the days of the week be a problem (Sunday - Sunday I think)?

I don't mind being patient, I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything blatantly wrong and mess things up after it's too late.

Thanks!

Oh and I have been lurking a little bit and I just wanted to say thanks for being such a great mod, thereuare!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thanks for the compliments on the site and the level of moderation, but there real question is... are you still married after your previous priceline purchase? :)

First, do you know that Ihilani is not a re-bid zone? (or are you also willing to accept that zone?) When you select 4* it is the minimum star level you are willing to accept; so although there are no 4* hotels in that area, there are Resort properties, and therefore you could bid 4* and Priceline can upgrade you to a resort property.

As for your bid.... rates are not high for your dates, and in the past $110 has been enough given rates i'm currently seeing, but i think (for whatever reason) $120 is the price they might be currently looking for. Whether prices will go down as your dates draw near i do not know, but if you want to go as high as $120, i would bid as follows:

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120.

Let us know if you choose to bid the above or wait it out and hope rates come down.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Ok I finally got this to work!

I decided to save some money and stay at a 3 star (hopefully Prince Kuhio) 5/30-6/3, then at a 4 star (hopefully Prince) 6/3-6/5.

I got really nervous when I saw the Park Hotel creeping into 3 stars, so I decided to go for it ASAP!

So I did that first:

3 Star:

Waikiki South, bid $53 (they asked me to raise the bid), then

Added Ilikai, bid $58 and got Prince Kuhio!

Then I tried 4 star:

Waikiki North, bid $105 (again, they asked me to raise the bid), then

Added Ilikai, bid $109 and got Hawaii Prince.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Glad you got it settled and it all worked out well for you.

Please starta NEW TOPIC for the second part of your stay so that we can properly show that win in the topic title of that thread (we'll use this one in order to reflect the Prince Kuhio win).

Thanks in advance for helping to keep the board orderly.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]