Hotwire Hotel: look for 4* hotel chicago with parking option

greenjuice
By greenjuice,
in

Hi, I'm new to betterbidding.com. I've used priceline couple times but never used hotwire. I'm going to drive to Chicago to pick up my parents (both are 50 years old) on July 2nd (They fly to Chicago), and we will spend the couple days in Chicago (7/2 to 7/4). I know it will be packed but that's the date the flight is. I'm looking for a hotel probably 4* with parking option. I don't mind taking the train/bus if it's safe enough at night (9-10pm). We will be visiting some historic sites downtown and do a little bit shopping on Michigan. I'm willing to pay max $110 per night for a 4* or 3.5* hotel since it's the 4th of July weekend. Any thoughts on this? Should I book a hotel near Michigan Ave or near the train station?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Parking is generally $35-50 at downtown hotels, although there are some public lots that are around $20-25 per night. One can stay outside the city in the burbs where many hotels have free parking and are cheaper, but those areas are generally about 35-40 minutes outside the city.

Are you looking for a room for 3 w/2 beds? (If so, PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy/1 bed.) Is your budget $110 "all-in" (with taxes/fees included) or $110 + taxes/fees?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

There's no way to know regarding two beds - it depends on the day, the hotel and possibly who you speak with. If you use PRICELINE, there is always going to be a risk that the hotel will not be able to give you a room with two beds. They could say no entirely, could say yes or charge you more for a room with two beds. Are you see any listings of interest when searching for 3 for your dates on HOTWIRE?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]