Hotwire Hotel: Help with booking Hotwire for Amsterdam

beauty1
By beauty1,
in

I hope this is the correct place to post my questions.....if not, please move this:

Should have booked last week when Hotwire had a 4* hotel I THINK is the one I'd prefer in Amsterdam East for $79 per each of the 5 nights I need in July beginning 6 July .....the amenities match anyway and ID info on Better Bidding makes me relatively confident that it is THE ONE. Anyway, we went away for the weekend and figured I'd book when we returned......how wrong I was!

Now what looks like the same hotel is going for $99 per night for each of the 5 nights OR if I split the dates, a room goes for $102 the first night and $79 per night for each of the remaining 4 nights. If I split the booking, I save about $77. Is this a good strategy? I mean, will I have to check out and check back in? How likely will I have to change rooms? I sound naive even to myself......but then, I AM!

Boy, lesson learned here.....CARPE DIEM!

Thanks for your help.

Yes, the above is a viable strategy... this thread relates to doing it for PRICELINE, but same theory applies for HOTWIRE: SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID

When you check-in the first nite let the front desk know that you have a separate, but continuous, reservation for the remaining 4 nites and ask them to block the room for you. This will make sure they don't assign this room to another guess for your 'second' stay. It's usually not a problem and the hotel will typically not make you change rooms from one stay to the next, but you often will have to show up at the desk on 'switch' day in order to officially check-out and check back in again.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, did my reading homework and appreciate the info. Have considered a try on PRICELINE but am afraid I'll get one of the 4*s that don't appeal to me so will probably stick with HOTWIRE and split my booking. Will use the links here of course to place my request.

One last (hopefully) question: why would the one night cost more than the others? Could understand if it was a weekend night or over a holiday but 6 July is a Tuesday and not a holiday that I could see. Just curious.

Hotel occupancy is not consistent Sunday-Thursday nites and then Friday-Saturday nites... some people have meetings on Tuesdays, others conferences on Wednesday, or come to town for a special event on Thursday, it's all a function of hotel occupancy levels on any given nite (ie- supply vs. demand)

Thanks in advance for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You're not lame because of that! It can also happen that you click on a hotel and when you try to buy it, it won't let you anyway. (One reason it tends to be a bad idea to count on HOTWIRE as a sure thing until you actually book it.) Availability may or may not come back before your stay.

ok then.......I'm still considered lame here in my house but appreciate your support! Have a back-up plan but am majorly disappointed. Will keep checking back with HOTWIRE and of course, will do so through the links provided here. Love you guys.....many THANKS!

beauty1

Went to book and pay on HW last night and the property I've been following is no longer offered.........bloody heck! Any chance hotels come back to HW as well as leave HW???!!!

Is the hotel gone and replaced with another diffrent amenitie combo hotel?

You can try with alternate your search with 3 adults, 2 adults/1 child, 2 adults/2 children etc to see if you can get to re-appear.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]