Priceline Hotel: Hotel with pool for family/kids in DC over July 4th (6/30 - 7/5)

Jailbreak
By Jailbreak,
in

My family will be in D.C. from June 30 to July 5 -- two adults and three kids ages 4, 10, 13. (When using Hotwire, I only input 2 children. Four-year-old sleeps between us or with her older siblings.)

I understand the risk of using Priceline and getting a one-bed room, so I realize Hotwire is probably our best bet to reduce all risk. Hotwire currently has a 4* for $119 with fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, internet (Omni Shoreham or Hotel Palomar); and a 3* for $109 with fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, and laundry (Holiday Inn Central).

Since I am with the family, I would really like to increase my chances to receive a hotel with a pool. Another plus would be proximity to a Metro stop so we can do the typical D.C. attractions (Capitol, White House, National Monument, Smithsonian, etc.) as well as July 4th activities on the National Mall.

I can also get a family-member discount at a Georgetown 4* ($99 for a suite with King bed and sofa sleeper) which would be great except the hotel has no pool and is serviced only by bus, not Metro. Maybe this is no big deal for the activities we want to do -- I don't know enough about D.C. yet to know this for sure. I also saw the Sheraton at National Airport (Arlington) go for $45, and it has a pool, but I don't know about getting around DC without using the Metro.

Does anyone have suggestions for: 1) good areas for families to stay in DC to have easy access to attractions; and, 2) a suggested strategy on getting at least a 3* hotel on Priceline that has a high likelihood of being one with a pool?

PS I will be staying at the Omni Shoreham for a conference on the two prior days (6/28 - 6/30). Omni has a pool and is close to a Metro stop, but it is on the high side when not using an opaque site ($179+).

There is no way to target a hotel with a pool when using PRICELINE.

Given your desire for a pool, and that you're five people, i think you're taking a substantial risk... is there a reason you're not interested in the HOTWIRE properties above? What are you hoping to gain by using PRICELINE?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$119 for the Shoreham or Palomar, sounds like a pretty good bet to me! Now, if it were me, I'd bid, because I'd take a chance on getting something lower, but I'm not looking for 2 beds or a pool. For the OP, jumping on the $119 HOTWIRE deal seems to be the best option. Do it before it disappears.

PS If I recall, that Sheraton near National Airport is not actually that convenient to Metro. Just FYI. That's why bidding that zone can be problematic.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]