OGG Maui Convertible Alamo

Counselor4444
By Counselor4444,
in

I'm looking for a rental car for 4 days- from 8/26-8/30 (pick up and drop off at OGG) We'd like a convertible. Cheapest price we could so far is $47.95 per day (plus taxes) from HOTWIRE.

I tried bidding $25 per day using Better Bidding's PRICELINE link, but the bid was not successful.

I ran a search in this forum and saw that last year for August travel with same pickup/drop off location people got for $27-$35. I know that this is not necessarily indicative of current pricing

Any thoughts as to how much to bid? And how often can you bid? Any tricks to get more bids within a certain time period?

Since your car type is fixed, there are no 're-bid' opportunities, but with time on your side i would simply bid every 24 hours, increasing your bid $2-$3 from your previous bid, which should have you within a reasonable range within a week's time.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Keep us updated and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I've been periodically bidding for a convertible on PRICELINE using the link for awhile now. (Pick up and drop off at OGG from 8/26-8/30). My highest bid has been $31, but I have not yet been successful. I know that the Name Your Own Price pricing is based on availability but I see that last year at this same time convertibles were selling at priceline for around $30. So, I don't want to really go beyond this. I have a cancelable reservation through Enterprise for $210 including tax for 4 days just in case PRICELINE does not work out. I'll keep you updated.

• 2 weeks later...

So, it is now one week til our trip and I am continuing to see if I can get a convertible for less then our $41/day ($210 total with taxes) cancelable reservation for a convertible through Enterprise. I decided to go low and offer $27 and for the first time, I got a message indicating that if I agreed to spend $41/day ($220 total with taxes) I could get the convertible. Obviously I did not agree as my Enterprise rental is still lower. Any idea what my bottom line might be here? If they are asking me to spend $41/day... does that mean that the bottom line is probably in the middle of 27 and 41? (=$35/day?) Or could it be lower then that? Thanks!

There is no telling the "right" number... it could take $1 more it could take the whole $14 more. I'd simply increase $3/day for the next week until you are successful (or reach your limit vs. your back-up reservation)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated and let us know how it ulitmately goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]