Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTE) Roosevelt Hotel

llh58
By llh58,
in

We have 5 people so we will need 2 hotel rooms...
PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, and there are many hotel rooms in NYC which can only accommodate double occupancy, and you'll need triple occupancy for one of the rooms... is this a risk you're willing to accept? If not, HOTWIRE may be an option as it will allow you to search for up to quad occupancy per room.
...any suggestions for hotels i should try in the Times Square area or Financial District?
These two zones are at somewhat opposite ends of the spectrum, is there something in particular you're looking for from this stay, or why these two zones??

What is your maximum budget (per nite per room) for this stay and what star rating are you seeking?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just like both of the areas, so if we get a hotel in either area, that would be great...I would like to get the Embassy Suites in the financial district if possible! I would like to pay between 115 and 150 per night before tax.....thank you for your help! Would like at least a 3/4 star.

Hi IIh58,

Embassy Suites is nearly impossible to get, as it is 3.5* on PRICELINE. I also would be happy to win it, however before that you would probably win 'Club Quarters' or any else, also 3.5*. So just be aware of that. And it's not depending on the bidding amount. You would only overbid if going higher ...

Nevertheless, good luck !

I went on the HOTWIRE site today and looked for a NYC hotel June 19-22. The first hotel to pop up was in the Central Park area for $119. I clicked on it and the Hotel Belleclaire was listed...I think they must have goofed because they never list the name!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway incase you are looking that is the name of the hotel for $119!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! We are needing 2 rooms in NYC for June 19 to 22nd. Budget is $150 per night inc tax. We are open to staying in Times Square, midtown and financial district if we have to. We will have 2 adults in one room and 2 adults and a child in the other room. Should I start bidding now? Three star and up is good. Thank you!

"midtown" is not a PRICELINE zone, to avoid any confusion, please indicate the zone(s) you're willing to bid, by PRICELINE name.

Also, PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy but you'll be triple occupancy in one of the rooms, which can be an issue in NYC... how old is the child?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Before bidding, note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, which means you could receive rooms with only one bed. As well, NYC hotels rooms are often notoriously small, and many can't accommodate a rollaway, which coudl make for some very tight quarters for the room requiring 2adults/1child... is this is a risk you're willing to accept?

If not, HOTWIRE may still be an option as their service allows you to search for up to quad occupancy per room.

Also, previously you mentioned TS, Midtown, and Downtown as acceptable zones... but in your last post, only MTW and Downtown... is Times Square still an acceptable zone? Also, there are other midtown zones which are generally considered acceptable/convenient for the average visitor, is there a reason you're not included these?

Let us know regarding the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Sorry..........ok here are the zones that will work: MSG-3.5 star, Midtown East, Midtown West and Times Square 3.5 star or higher.......I would also like advice on Soho-Financial district, that is a last resort because it is so far. With 5 people though it would be nice to win a suite in that area, worth the inconvenience! Thanks in advance for your help!

You didn't comment regarding the double vs. triple occupancy issue when using PRICELINE, so i'll assume that you have read it and are fine with that.

At the 3.5* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* MSG, MTE, MTW, TS...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

This should bring you to your $150 all-in price.

Any questions feel free to ask. If rejected, post back and we'll revise to include the Downtown zone.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 1 month later...

I am ready to bid on a hotel.....I saw a couple of different people win the Marriott in the financial district for $90. That would be ok with me....I prefer the Times square, MTW or MWE area but I know they are kind of high right now......pease advise on bidding strategy. I would like to $80 to $135 a nite before taxes for a 3.4 or 4.0 star...We plan on going to Top of the Rock, Central Park, SOL, Ground Zero and Chinatown. Would we able to do all that on the subway or should we stay in Modtown area? Thank you!

Regardless of whether or not you think your budget is enough, which zone(s) are you willing to accept? The more zones you are willing to bid, even if you don't think you'll win there, will help create more bidding opportunities per bidding cycle.

Also, are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

Please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown, ESB, MTE, MTW and TS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I need help identifyiing Hotwire hotels:

1. Midtown East area hotel for $159, 3.5 star, fitness center, restaurant, business center, high speed internet access.

2. Midtown Central hotel, $159, 3 star, fitness center, restaurant, business center, high speed internet access.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]