Priceline Hotel: 4* in Downtown Vancouver

iBilly
By iBilly,
in

Hi All,

Need help bidding for a 4 star hotel in *Downtown Vancouver. I place an initial bid for $65 and got rejected. To Rebid, I would have to wait 24 hours (im guessing.) but based on what I read in the forms, I can add another zone that doesn't have 4-star and rebid right away.

Based on my understanding and what I see in the priceline site..."City Hall - Downtown Vancouver South" does not have any 4 star hotels. So am I safe in checking that zone as an additional zone and re-bidding? I will still only get a place on "Downtown Vancouver" right? For my understanding I think this it how it works, but just want to confirm it before I try as I'm new to this.

Also, what would you suggest as a good rebidding price?

Thanks Alot guys!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Yes, at the moment, City Hall is a re-bid zone when bidding 4* in Vancouver (but you should always doublecheck, using the technique at Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, to make sure nothing has changed since you last looked). HOWEVER, you actually have FIVE such re-bid zones available... i'd suggesting confirming your FIVE re-bid zones with the board and we'll then suggest a complete strategy for you to follow. If you read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and are confused, just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

What are the date(s) of your stay? What is your maximum bid?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From what I understand the re-bid zones are: (am I correct? I followed the steps outlined on the link)

Re-bid Zone1: City Hall - Downtown Vancouver South

Re-bid Zone2: Coquitlam - Burnaby

Re-bid Zone3: Langley

Re-bid Zone4: North Vancouver

Re-bid Zone5: Surrey - Pitt Meadows

The dates I am looking at are June 7th to June 11th. I guess the maximum bid I am willing to go upto is $85. (since Travelocity has a 4 star hotel for $75 in its "Top Secret Deals"...from comparing the user ratings it seems like "Georgian Court Hotel"....I've never heard of it so I'm willing to pay upto $10 more to see if I can get Hyatt or something nicer...I do understand that with priceline I'm not garanteed to get those hotels..its all chances. )

what would be a good strategy?

Yes, those are your FIVE re-bid zones... but always doublecheck them before each bidding cycle to ensure no new hotels have been added to one of those zones and/or no hotels have been upgraded to the 4* level.

I would bid as follows:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Travelocity link if you ultimately go with that offering)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

PS- please follow-up this thread with whatever you choose to do for this stay, and if you go with Travelocity, please report the details of their "Top Secret Hotel" i this thread.... star rating, city, rate, dates, amenities shown before purchase. THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey, I tried going all the way upto $90 with no luck.

I will be traveling with another friend, so I can him try bidding in his own name. Do you think there is a chance of us getting it for similar bidding or for sure i wont find anything below $90 since I went up to that amount with my bidding?

Thanks

For you to be successful bidding at $90 or below now you would need to have a hotel lower their "opaque rate" between the time you last bid and now... rates changes have to take place at some point in time, but because it's only been a few hours since your $90 bid, odds are low since there just isn't that much of a window of opportunity for a hotel to have lowered their rate.

How high do you intend to bid now? What about the gameplan of taking the Travelocity Top Secret Hotel at $85/nite?

If you bid again please remember to start with the PRICELINE links on the board... and use our Travelocity link if you go that route.

I couldn't tell if you got your room already but I thought I'd let you know that I just got a room in the Marriott Harbor Front for $80/night for Saturday & Sunday nights this weekend.

I hope that helps...this is my first post so I really don't know if I'm providing useful information, or simply wasting space on a post :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]