Hotwire Hotel: 4* Vail Vail Cascade Resort and Spa

ytsang
By ytsang,
in

Congratulations on your success and Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Excellent deal for this property during the holiday season!

I believe there were more amenities associated with this property then what you posted above, which would have only been visible if you clicked the "See all amenities" link during the checkout process. Can you please check if there were more amenities by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

• 1 month later...

Resort

Resorts offer a complete destination experience. Facilities generally include a spa or fitness center, one or more swimming pools, and superior dining options. Depending on location, recreational activities may include water sports, golf, tennis or skiing. Coastal resorts usually boast ocean views or beachfront access. Note: A resort fee may be charged.

Slopeside

Ski-in/ski-out accommodations allowing direct ski-slope access, or within a short walk of a ski area.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Golf Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one golf course; an extra charge typically applies.

Tennis Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one tennis court; an extra charge typically applies.

Spa Services

Guests have access to a spa facility or spa services; an extra charge typically applies.

• 6 months later...

The hotel property itself was very impressive, with its cozy fireplace in the lobby with dark wood decor, outdoor jaccuzis and infinity pool, spacious room and shuttle bus service to the slopes. The front desk and the concierge service staff were extremely pleasant, polite and courteous.

However, housekeeping is definitely an area this nice ski resort hotel needs to improve on. The shampoo and shower gel dispensers were never refilled during our 5-day stay there and had to be pointed out to the housekeeping staff. We have had to call front desk to ask for more toilet paper. One day after skiing, we returned to our room and found the round cushion roll on the writing desk instead of on the bed. The small refrigertor in the room died the 2nd day we were there and it took them next day to fix it.

If you are renting ski equipment at Lionshead and leaving it at the shop for pick up every morning rather then skiing the remote trail back to the hotel at the end of every day, then the Cascade Lift is of no use to you. It is also one short shuttle stop before you arrive at the front entrance/lobby of the hotel.

Overall, our stay at the Vail Cascade was pleasant enough because of its proximity to the gondola in Lionshead and also because it is a good-looking resort hotel with good rooms and facilities. I would recommend the Vail Cascade Resort and Spa to anyone going to Vail.

Also, women skiers should definitely consider visiting Jeannie Thoren and her husband Tom located just steps from Vail Cascade shuttle bus drop-off at Lionshead. We left our rental skis and fitted ski boots with them at the end of every ski day instead of lugging everything back onto the hotel shuttle bus with us. Google Jeannie and watch her videos on Youtube analysing the woes and needs of women skiers. She and her husband are the reason why I am now finally able to ski-pain free after all these years. I only wish I had found her year earlier:))

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]