Priceline Hotel: Vancouver Hotel Deals

iBilly
By iBilly,
in

Nice forum. Very informative.

I'll be going to vancouver next week for vacation and was just wondering what would be the best way to book hotels. (Hotwire OR Priceline). I'm looking for something around 3 - 4 stars. Is it possible to find hotels that let you check your luggage in early? Thanks.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Both services are different and while HOTWIRE is generally a bit more expensive, it has its benefits over PRICELINE in some regards - it all depends what the traveler is looking for in terms of hotel for the particular stay. If you have never used either service, please take a look at this FAQ for both services.

While quite a few hotels in major cities do let luggage be checked in early, definitely not all do, and unfortunately, there is no way to guarantee this in advance via HOTWIRE or PRICELINE.

If you would like assistance with your stay, please provide more information (star rating, dates, desired budget, zones of interest.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for offering assistance. I'm looking for a place in Downtown Vancouver from june 7 to 11. Would like 3 stars or better (the best i can find in my price range). My preferred budget is around $80 - 90 before the taxes and fees.

On hotwire.com : 3.5 Star - Downtown Vancouver West area hotel for $98

With:

Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access, Tennis Nearby

3 Star - Downtown Vancouver West area hotel for $89

With: Smoke Free Rooms,Complimentary Breakfast,Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby, Kitchenette

Would you happen to know which hotels they might be?

Do you think I can successfully bid for something similar for cheaper? (I don't really care about the amenities. Just want it to be in downtown so that I can travel to places easily since I will not be renting a car)

If you want to try bidding on PRICELINE for a 3.5* hotel in the Downtown zone, you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3.5* Vancouver Downtown...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Vancouver Downtown and re-bid zone3...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $90

Any questions (especially regarding re-bidding and confirming your re-bid zones with the board) feel free to ask.

If the above is rejected we can revise to try for a 3* hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]