Priceline Hotel: 2* The Black Hills (Spearfish) Super 8 Motel

riro424
By riro424,
in

In summary, I really wanted a 3* or 2.5* in Rapid City for 6/7/10 - 6/10/10 (3 nights). Since the Black Hills has 6 areas, I was able to use multiple bids for 3* in Rapid City starting at $57 resulting in multiple rejections for 3*/2.5* in all areas up to $73.

With one check remaining in resubmitting bids, I decided to try 2* (all areas) at $50 for one day figuring if the hotel was highly rated, I might be able to add days.

The winning bid was the Super 8 Motel at $50 plus $13.69 (tax/fees @ 27% ouch!). Super 8 website quoted price was $65 plus tax totaling $72.50, a savings of about $9.

Tripadvisor.com has it ranked #3 of #15 with 15 reviews, though that really doesn't increase the thrill of this victory. :)

I used this forum's PRICELINE link. Thanks to this forum for the multiple bids tips.

Congratulations on your success. :)

Sorry to hear that the discount was minimal, but glad to hear that the reviews are good, as Super 8's can certainly vary.

Thank you for letting us know about this new PRICELINE property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List for the state.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]