Priceline Hotel: 3* Austin (Downtown) Marriott

mapable
By mapable,
in

Our plane was cancelled in Austin Sunday Feb. 20. My daughter went online to Priceline for us and bid $50 for a 4* hotel in Downtown area, thinking we might win the Omni Hotel. Priceline accepted our bid at $50 but gave us the 3* Marriott Downtown (which actually was very nice and accomodating). We were wondering if that happens alot...or just a fluke. Can Priceline give you a 3* for a 4* bid??? Maybe because it was bid on the same day as arrival??

Thanks. Mary

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so sorry - I forgot about my post. My friends just asked me the other day what info I found out about our Priceline discrepancy.

What I'm saying is - we specifically placed bid on a 4* category - not a 3*. We place a bid for $50 trying to get the 4* Omni. But when we won the bid, Priceline downgraded our stars to a 3* - the Marriott Downtown. We won a 3* hotel but specifically bid in the 4* category. It happened to us but we were fine with the hotel so it wasn't a major issue. But in the future, it might be.

I hope that was clearer. Thanks. Mary

The entire system is automated (your bid is never touched or seen by human hands/eyes) so i'm certain priceline believes you asked for a 3* hotel on your bid screen. If you wanted to dispute it, you could email priceline and they would email you a copy of the screenshot where you did (according to them) check the 3* option.

So to make sure i have it right... this hotel is rated 3* by priceline, correct?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]